Scholarships for Victorians to undertake intensive language study at nominated universities or institutions in China, Indonesia, Japan and Korea.
To find out more, download and read the flyer:
At a glance
The Victorian Government Hamer Scholarships Program is a language and cultural immersion program designed to build the Asia-engagement capabilities of Victorians and to help strengthen cultural awareness and partnerships between Victoria and Asia. The program provides scholarships for Victorians to undertake intensive language study at nominated universities or institutions in China, Indonesia, Japan and Korea.
The Hamer Scholarships program provides $10,000 each for China or Indonesia, or $15,000 each for Japan or Korea.
To be eligible for consideration for the scholarship candidates must be:
- aged 21 or above during the time of submitting the application
- Australian citizens or permanent residents (residents of Victoria only)
- willing to study a language at nominated institution, for at least five months
- not in receipt of any other language study grant, funding or scholarship
- preference will be given to those already in the workforce.
Get in touch with the Hamer Scholarships team on 9651 7628 for more information.
For more information about how to apply, eligible language institutes and selection criteria, download and read the guidelines:
- The Hamer Scholarships Guidelines (PDF 14834.62 KB)
- The Hamer Scholarships Guidelines - Word accessible version (DOC 83.5 KB)
Program Manager - International Coordination Office, Global Victoria
Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR)
Tel: +61 3 9651 7628
Application opening dates
Applications open 8am on 11 February 2019 and will close 11.59pm on 17 March 2019.