The Farming and Community Group Drought Funding Program, is delivered by Agriculture Victoria under the Victorian Government Drought Support Program and will enable farmers to better prepare, respond and build resilience to drought and dry seasonal conditions.
The Program is open to Landcare and land management groups, industry groups, farming systems groups, farming discussion groups and not for profit and community organisations in Victoria.
Groups will be able to engage technical experts and/or specialists to deliver timely, relevant and appropriate technical information to assist dryland and irrigated farm businesses and landholders to plan or manage the impacts of drought and dry seasonal conditions.
Preference will be given to projects that are in Wellington or East Gippsland shires, far North-West Victoria (Millewa and surrounds) and the Goulburn Murray Irrigation District (GMID).
At a glance
The Program will:
- identify technical knowledge or capability gaps relating to drought and dry seasonal conditions
- Increase and strengthen farmers’ technical knowledge and capability, enabling farm businesses and landholders to be more prepared and responsive to drought and dry seasonal conditions
- encourage farm business and landholders to share and collaborate, thereby increasing skills knowledge and capacity, preparedness and responsiveness to drought and dry seasonal conditions.
Grants of up to $25,000 (excluding GST) are available to engage technical experts and/or specialists to provide relevant and appropriate technical advice, information and support to a group of farmers or landholders to help them prepare for, respond to and manage drought and dry seasonal conditions.
Eligible Victorian groups include:
- Landcare and land management groups (for example, Landcare Network)
- farmer discussion and producer groups
- Not for profit and community organisations (including incorporated bodies, cooperatives or associations, (for example, agribusiness groups, development associations).
Note: Individual farm businesses, landholders, service providers and consultants are encouraged to contact and collaborate with their local group or network in development and submission of an application by an eligible group.
Applications are encouraged from across Victoria however preference will be given to projects in the Wellington and East Gippsland shires, in far North-West Victoria (Millewa and surrounding areas) and the Goulburn Murray Irrigation District (GMID).
Email the Drought Support team for more information.
Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR)
Tel: + 136 186
Application opening dates
- Grant applications open on 10 March 2020 and close 1 April 2020 at 11.59 pm
- Activities must be completed no later than 14 June 2020
- Evaluation, expenditure report, invoices, statutory declaration and, final report must be submitted to the department no later than 21 June 2020.