Through this program, Victorians dealing with the challenges of running a small business can get the mental health support they need to navigate through the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Current support under this program includes:
- Partners in Wellbeing telephone helpline 1300 375 330 (Monday to Friday 9am–10pm, Saturday to Sunday 9am–5pm):
If you're worried about your business, Partners in Wellbeing helpline provides one-to-one wellbeing support and free access to financial counsellors and business advisors.
For immediate access to mental health support, visit Mental health in business.
Find information on Wellbeing and Mental Health Support for Victorian Small Businesses in languages other than English.
Partners in Wellbeing helpline
As part of the Victorian Government’s $26 million Wellbeing and Mental Health Support program for small businesses, the Partners in Wellbeing helpline is there to support you and your employees.
The Partners in Wellbeing helpline offers free and confidential one-on-one access to experienced wellbeing and mental health counsellors who understand exactly what you’re going through. They have the skills and insights to improve your sense of wellbeing, help you develop coping strategies, and provide the advice and support you need to get through this difficult time.
The telephone helpline has also been expanded to provide business owners under stress with free access to financial counsellors and business advisors.
- Factsheet: Partners in Wellbeing helpline (PDF 112.85 KB)
- Video: Partners in Wellbeing for small business owners
- Video: Partners in Wellbeing for small business employees
- Video: Partners in Wellbeing for business advisers
Mental health specialists will also be embedded in industry and business associations to provide members with immediate access to expert advisors and on-the-job training for staff to identify and respond to people in distress.
Roll out of these support services is expected to continue until 2022, with demand and future conditions set to guide further services.
Additional programs will be released soon with details available on this page.
St John Ambulance Mental Health and Crisis Support Training
Please note: This program was closed on 18 December 2020.
St John Ambulance accredited Mental Health and Crisis Support training is available to to one staff member from each council, and key members who hold positions at Chambers of Commerce, Business Associations or Business Networks.
The training will assist participants to:
- build capabilities to support the local business community with wellbeing or mental health challenges
- certify participants in a nationally recognised qualification in mental health first response
- develop an awareness of the wellbeing and mental health support available for small business operators and other members of the community.
If you have any enquiries about this program, contact us.
Wellbeing and Mental Health Support for Victorian Small Businesses - in languages other than English
To get the best results, get in touch with the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15 or email us.