About the program
Register your interest to undertake accredited St John Ambulance Mental Health and Crisis Support training.
The training will assist participants to:
- Build capabilities to support the local business community with wellbeing or mental health challenges
- Certify participants in a nationally recognised qualification in mental health first response
- Develop an awareness of the wellbeing and mental health support available for small business operators and other members of the community.
This training is a part of the $26 million in Wellbeing and Mental Health Support for Victorian Businesses.
The training will be delivered in a virtual classroom, with 1 hour pre-learning and 2 days of 4 hour classroom sessions. The topics trained include:
- What is Mental Health
- Causes of Mental Health Crisis
- Mental Illness explained
- Common Disorders (Mental Health Literacy)
- Myths about Mental Health and Stigma Impact
- Recognising and responding to signs of a person who may be at risk
- Role of First Aider
- Where to find Help
- Principles of Self-Care
To qualify for this training you must:
- be a staff member of a local council; or
- be a key member who holds a position at a Chamber of Commerce, Business Association or Business Networks; and
- have a willingness to support your local business community with mental health and wellbeing challenges.
This training is an integral part of the overall mental health program offered by the Victorian Government to assist small business as they navigate a way through difficult circumstances as a result of COVID-19.
For immediate access to mental health support, visit our Mental health in business page.
If you are distressed or anxious about your business, call Partners in Wellbeing at 1300 375 330.
Register your interest
Please note: Only one key member from each local council, Chamber of Commerce, Business Association or Business Network can participate in this training.
For further assistance, get in touch with the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15 or email us.