About the Program
The CBD Small Hospitality Grant provides additional support to small and medium hospitality businesses in Melbourne Central Business District (CBD) that have previously received a grant from the Business Support Fund – Expansion program.
Eligible businesses will be provided with a one-off grant of either $5,000 (for businesses with a food service seating capacity in the CBD of 11 to 100 seats) or $15,000 (for businesses with a food service seating capacity in the CBD of 101 or more seats) to help with the continued operation of their business.
All applicants must read the program guidelines, the information on this page as well as the FAQs page before submitting their application.
What support is available?
Eligible CBD hospitality businesses will be provided with an additional one-off $5,000 grant (for businesses with a food service seating capacity of 11 to 100 seats) or $15,000 grant (for businesses with a food service seating capacity of 101 or more seats) to support the continued operation of the business.
What are the eligibility requirements for this grant?
To be eligible for a grant under this program, businesses must:
- Be a recipient of a Business Support Fund – Expansion grant and may have received an invitation to apply for a CBD Small Business Hospitality Grant.
- Operate a business with an address located in the Melbourne CBD, including the postcodes 3000 (Melbourne), 3005 (World Trade Centre), 3006 (Southbank) and 3008 (Docklands)
- Operate a restaurant, cafe, pub, bar, club, reception centre, coffee and dessert outlet or takeaway food venue with food service seating capacity of 11 seats or more.
- Hold a Class 2 or 3 Service Sector Certificate of Registration under the Food Act 1984 (Vic).
- Not have received funding assistance through the Night-time Economy Business Support Initiative or the Victorian Live Music Venues Program.
How do I apply?
Recipients of Business Support Fund - Expansion grants will be invited to apply and, when they are, will be required to submit an application online via the Apply Now buttons on this page.
All questions in the application form must be completed to ensure timely assessment and grant payment.
What evidence will I need to provide with my application?
Applicants will be required to provide:
- The address of all Melbourne CBD hospitality premises operated by their business
- The seating capacity of their Melbourne CBD hospitality premises. Seating capacity is the sum of the food service indoor and/or outdoor seating.
- The registration number on the Certificate(s) of Registration issued under the Food Act 1984 by the City of Melbourne for each Melbourne CBD hospitality premises. Businesses may provide a copy of the Certificates of Registration as part of the application if available.
The above information will be checked against the Certificate(s) of Registration and other information held by the City of Melbourne.
How can the funding be used?
As with the Business Support Fund – Expansion program, the grant funds may be used for:
- Meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries or rent
- Seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- Developing the business through marketing and communications activities
- Any other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
If you have further queries about this program, please refer to the CBD Small Hospitality Grant FAQs page.
If you have further questions please call the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15 or Contact Us.