About the initiative
The Business Support Package provides more support to help businesses and workers through to the other side of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The new package includes:
- The Business Support Fund – Expansion program providing $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire and $5,000 for employing businesses in regional Victoria (except Mitchell Shire.)
- A $30 million dedicated fund for Victoria’s night time economy to support the hardest hit businesses in hospitality.
- $26 million in mental health support will ensure Victorians dealing with the compounding challenges of running a small business can get the support they need as they navigate their way through the crisis.
- A $10 million business mentoring program, pairing small business owners with experienced professionals who can help them navigate their way through the crisis.
- A $40 million capped fund for regional tourism businesses to cover the costs of refunds.
- A $20 million fund to support small businesses in Melbourne’s CBD that are faced with a large and sustained shock to their trading environments. This includes $10 million funding for support delivered by the City of Melbourne.
Businesses will also benefit from an extended and expanded payroll tax deferral. Eligible businesses with payrolls up to $10 million can defer their liabilities for the first half of the 2020/21 financial year.
Please visit the individual program pages linked below to register.
St John Ambulance Mental Health and Crisis Support Training
St John Ambulance accredited Mental Health and Crisis Support training is available to staff from local councils and key members who hold positions at Chambers of Commerce and nominated Business Associations.View detailsQuickview
Wellbeing and Mental Health Support for Victorian Small Businesses
Providing mental health support to Victorians dealing with the challenges of running a small business to help them navigate through the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19).View detailsQuickview
Regional Tourism Accommodation Support Program
Direct financial support of up to $225 per booking, per night, to support accommodation businesses affected by cancellations due to Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire and state border closures.View detailsQuickview
If you have further questions, call the Business Victoria coronavirus hotline on 13 22 15 or Contact Us.