On-farm Energy Tier 1 Grants are now available.
Tier 1 grants support projects that will improve energy efficiency which may, reduce energy costs and boost energy productivity. The grants will do this through actions such as the purchase and installation of equipment that improves the energy efficiency or enables own-generation capacity.
At a glance
What is an On-farm Energy Tier 1 Grant?
On-farm Energy Tier 1 Grants are available to eligible primary producers. The Tier 1 grants will support farmers to replace energy inefficient equipment, install more energy efficient systems and enable own-generation capacity.
The grants support projects that will increase energy efficiency which may, reduce energy costs and boost productivity. The grants support the purchase and installation of capital equipment that improves the energy efficiency and energy productivity of the applicant’s eligible farm business activities.
On-farm energy tier 1 grants form part of the Victorian Government's Agriculture Energy Investment Plan (AEIP).
Potential value of support
The Government will provide a maximum grant of $50,000 (excluding GST). Grants will be provided on a $1 for $1 cash co-contribution basis. Recipients are required to contribute at least 50 per cent of the total cash costs of the project.
Tier 1 grants are available to primary producers who are recipients of a type 1 or type 2 On-farm Energy Assessment.
For full details and how to apply, please visit the On-Farm Energy Assessment application page.
To be eligible for an On-farm Energy Tier 1 Grant farms must:
- Be in receipt of a type 1 or type 2 On-farm Energy Assessment, or an approved equivalent energy assessment
- Be a business with an ABN
- Have an eligible farm business located in Victoria
- Spend more than $8,000 per annum (including GST) on energy inclusive of electricity, gas, LPG and diesel (excluding energy for transport)
- Be a legal entity
- Be able to meet the required cash co-contribution (at least $1 for every $1 provided)
- Attest to having obtained all relevant regulatory approvals for the project to commence (where applicable)
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity.
Who is not eligible for an On-farm Energy Tier 1 Grant?
- Primary producers engaged in forestry, on-sea aquaculture and agriculture transport operators
- Off farm food processors not majority owned by a primary producer
- Primary producers that have energy expenses below $8,000 (including GST)
- Commonwealth, State and Local Government agency or body
- Publicly funded research institutions
- Industry associations
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Community-based organisations.
If you are unsure about your eligibility or have a question about the application process please call the Customer Contact Centre on 136 186.
What documentation will be required for the application?
Farmers will need to provide the following documentation when applying for an on-farm tier 1 grants:
- Your ABN
- A copy of your type 1 or type 2 On-farm Energy Assessment or approved equivalent energy assessment report
- Two itemised quotes for each equipment item and/or fit-out cost identified in the energy assessment report
- For individual applicants that have received a group On-farm Energy Assessment, an itemised energy assessment report that relates to the applicant’s equipment requirements.
Applicants may be contacted by the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) to provide additional supporting documentation.
DEDJTR reserves the right to request additional information from applicants on quoted prices to ensure competitive market rates.
Applications can only be submitted online.
Supporting documents like your quotes, will need to be uploaded electronically with the application form online.
How many On-Farm Energy Tier 1 Grants are available?
Tier 1 grants are available to eligible primary producers until the end of March 2020 or until available funding is exhausted (whichever occurs first).
How do I apply?
Please ensure you read the Program Guidelines and Farmer Guidelines below for a full explanation of the application and program evaluation process.
If you're unsure about your eligibility or have a question about the application process please call the Customer Service Centre on 136 186.
You can apply via the Apply Now button on this page.
Agriculture Energy Investment Plan Program Guidelines - Tier 1 (PDF 996.17 KB)
Agriculture Energy Investment Plan Program Guidelines - Tier 1 (DOCX 1398.21 KB)
Agriculture Energy Investment Program - Tier 1 - Sample Grant Agreement (PDF 164.07 KB)
Agriculture Energy Investment Program - Tier 1 - Sample Grant Agreement (DOC 202 KB)
PLEASE NOTE: If your application in successful, you will receive a letter of offer and a standard agreement that will been to be signed and returned.
To get the best results, get in touch with the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15 or email us.