The On-Farm Energy Tier 1 grants are available to eligible primary producers until 15 December 2021.
The Victorian Government will provide grants between $20,000 and $50,000 for On-Farm Energy Tier 1 grants.
Applicants are required to have a valid On-Farm Energy Assessment conducted in the past two years to access Tier 1 grants available under the Agriculture Investment Energy Plan (AEIP).
What is an On-farm Energy Tier 1 Grant?
On-farm Energy Tier 1 Grants are available to eligible primary producers. The Tier 1 grants will support farmers to replace energy inefficient equipment, install more energy efficient systems and enable own-generation capacity.
The grants support projects that will increase energy efficiency which may, reduce energy costs and boost productivity. The grants support the purchase and installation of capital equipment that improves the energy efficiency and energy productivity of the applicant’s eligible farm business activities.
On-farm energy tier 1 grants form part of the Victorian Government's Agriculture Energy Investment Plan (AEIP).
Potential value of support
The Government will provide a maximum grant of $50,000 (excluding GST). Grants will be provided on a $1 for $1 cash co-contribution basis. Recipients are required to contribute at least 50 per cent of the total cash costs of the project.
To be eligible for an On-farm Energy Tier 1 Grant farms must:
- meet the general eligibility criteria for the program
- be in receipt of an On-Farm Energy Assessment (Type 1 or Type 2) undertaken as part of the AEIP, or an approved Equivalent Energy Assessment;
- be able to meet the agreed (minimum 50 per cent) private cash contribution, and provide evidence of the contribution3;
- attest to having obtained all relevant regulatory permits and approvals for the Project to commence (where applicable).
For full details, please review the guidelines:
If you are unsure about your eligibility or have a question about the application process please call the Customer Contact Centre on 136 186.
What documentation will be required for the application?
Farmers will need to provide the following documentation when applying for an on-farm tier 1 grants:
- Your ABN
- A copy of your type 1 or type 2 On-farm Energy Assessment or approved equivalent energy assessment report
- Two itemised quotes for each equipment item and/or fit-out cost identified in the energy assessment report
- For individual applicants that have received a group On-farm Energy Assessment, an itemised energy assessment report that relates to the applicant’s equipment requirements.
Applicants may be contacted by the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) to provide additional supporting documentation.
DEDJTR reserves the right to request additional information from applicants on quoted prices to ensure competitive market rates.
Applications can only be submitted online.
Supporting documents like your quotes, will need to be uploaded electronically with the application form online.
How do I apply?
Please ensure you read the Program Guidelines and Farmer Guidelines below for a full explanation of the application and program evaluation process.
If you're unsure about your eligibility or have a question about the application process please call the Customer Service Centre on 136 186.
You can apply via the Apply Now button on this page.
PLEASE NOTE: If your application in successful, you will receive a letter of offer and a standard agreement that will been to be signed and returned.