The Entrepreneurs with Disability Voucher Stream is a new initiative to support the viability, sustainability and growth of businesses run by people with disability.
Round 3 of Boost Your Business closed on Sunday 12 May 2019.
Subscribe to the Business Victoria Update enewsletter to be informed of any future rounds.
Accessibility notice: If you encounter any difficulties accessing information on this website, or require information in an alternate document format, please email the Boost Your Business team.
At a glanceThe Entrepreneurs with Disability Voucher Stream’s long-term objectives are to:
- grow the number of businesses owned and operated by people with disability in Victoria
- enhance the future viability, sustainability and growth of businesses owned and operated by people with disability
- raise the profile of the contribution businesses owned by people with disability make to the Victorian economy
- contribute to the pipeline of investable Victorian businesses.
Potential value of support
Vouchers of up to $25,000 towards an eligible innovation or business capability project.
EligibilityThe Entrepreneurs with Disability Voucher Stream is open to Victorians with disability who may benefit from developing business capabilities through accessing specialist assistance to resolve growth limiting issues and/or to take advantage of growth opportunities.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program:
- Applicants must have a disability
- Applicants can be developing an innovative product, process or service
- Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed to seek more information about their business
- Not-for-profits, charitable organisations and social enterprises are eligible to apply, on the proviso they are majority owned and operated by people with disability
- Businesses that employ fewer than 20 staff are eligible to apply.
- are a social enterprise with a business model that supports an economic, social, cultural or environmental mission consistent with a public or community benefit
- derive a substantial portion of income from trade-based activities
- offer award wages and conditions aligned with wages and conditions enjoyed by the broader Victorian community
- reinvest the majority of business profit in the fulfilment of their mission.
The ProjectProjects funded through a voucher are growth orientated activities undertaken by the applicant enterprise that, through using the expertise of Registered Service Providers, will assist the enterprise to become more productive, employ more people, create market access and in general increase their scale, profitability and impact. Entrepreneurs with Disability Voucher Steam projects will ideally combine advice and planning, as well as capability development and implementation aspects.
Voucher funding is not for 'business as usual' activity and the applicant organisation is required to articulate how their proposed project is likely to lead to the program’s long-term goals.
Voucher funding is available towards an eligible business capability project under the following service types:
- product development
- intellectual property
- early stage feasibility and testing
- research and development
- business process and systems improvements
- business transformation
- financial management planning
- industry standards implementation and certification
- tender guidance
- marketing and branding strategy
- market plan development
- prepare for and attract investment.
What do I get?
A voucher of up to 80 per cent of the total cost of services towards an eligible business capability project, provided on a cash co-contribution basis, with successful Applicants contributing a minimum value of 20 per cent towards the project. The maximum value of a voucher is $25,000 (exclusive of GST).
Payment up to the face value of the voucher (exclusive of GST) will be made by the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) to the Registered Service Provider(s) following provision of services, advice or expertise and upon the completion of work.
Applications for Vouchers will be administered through rounds with defined open and close dates. Eligible applications will be assessed on a competitive basis relative to the merit of other applications received in a funding round.
Vouchers are issued in the name of the Applicant, have no cash value, and are non-transferable.
Registered Service Providers
The Registered Service Providers are able to assist you to undertake a Voucher supported project and prepare a scope of works to support your application.
Please note that the information provided in this list may be subject to change.
How to apply
Boost Your Business Entrepreneurs with Disability Voucher Stream applications closed on Sunday, 12 May 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the Entrepreneurs with Disability Voucher Stream or the application process, please email the program team.
If you're having difficulties
If you encounter any difficulties accessing information on this website, or require information in an alternate document format, email the Boost Your Business team.