The Victoria Prize recognises the outstanding work of established Victorian scientists and the impact of their research. The Victoria Prize is administered by veski on behalf of the Victorian Government.
$50,000 tax-free in prize money.
Candidates are nominated by individuals, groups of individuals or professional associations
Candidates are nominated by individuals, groups of individuals or professional associations and assessed against the following key criteria:
- significant outcomes from the discovery or innovation, or the potential discovery or innovation, particularly in relation to other achievements within their field
- how the discovery or technological innovation, or the potential discovery or technological innovation, significantly advances knowledge in Victoria
- novelty of achievement and potential applications or future benefits
- international significance of the discovery or innovation or potential discovery or innovation
- in the case of joint-nominees, the nature of the long-term collaboration, and how equal the respective nominee contributions have been.
Nominees should be active in research.
Further eligibility criteria are specified in the guide available via the veski website.