On this page
- Information about operating an owner driver business.
The Victorian Owner Drivers Information Booklet (DOC 263 KB) is a practical resource to assist owner drivers to successfully operate a business. It covers:
- rights and obligations under the Owner Driver and Forestry Contractors Act 2005 and Owner Drivers and Forestry Contractors Code of Practice
- guidance for running a successful small business
- other laws and regulations that apply to transport activities
- sources of advice and assistance.
- at least three business days before the owner driver is engaged, if the owner driver will be engaged for a period of at least 30 days
- on the thirtieth day, if the owner driver is engaged for a total period of at least 30 days in any three-month period.
These requirements also apply to freight brokers and to tender situations. Learn more about your legal obligations to provide the Information Booklet.
Download the Booklet below: