On this page
- Rates and costs schedules
Operating costs of a forestry contractor businessRates and costs schedules set out the typical operating costs of a forestry contractor/business. These include variable costs when operating a vehicle including fuel and types and fixed costs including registration, finance, administration and insurance. The schedules also set out the rates that would typically apply for the driver’s own labour, if work was performed as an employee.
Forestry contractors can use the schedule to gain a better understanding of:
- the factors that affect operating cost items
- the market for forestry services
- the amount that they could expect to earn as an employee for the same kind of work
Hirer obligationsHirers are required to provide forestry contractors with the rates and cost schedule that most closely relates to the forestry contractors vehicles or equipment.
The relevant schedule must be given:
- at least three business days before the forestry contractor is engaged, if the forestry contractor is to be engaged for a period of at least 30 days; or
- on the thirtieth day, if the forestry contractor is engaged for a total period of at least 30 days in any three month period.
Learn more about your legal obligations to provide the applicable rates and costs schedule to an owner driver.
Rates and costs schedules
|Haulage and Harvesting Plantation Sector (DOCX 117.73 KB)||Harvesting Native Forests (DOCX 145.07 KB)|
|Haulage Single Shift Jinker Native Forests (DOCX 137.7 KB)||Haulage Single Shift B Double Native Forests (DOCX 165.49 KB)|