Victoria's circuit breaker 5-day lockdown will end as scheduled with most current restrictions easing at 11.59pm Wednesday 17 February 2021.
From Thursday, there will be no restrictions on reasons to leave home and the 5km restriction will no longer apply.
Businesses reopening with some changes to restrictions
From Thursday 18 February, the following restrictions will apply to businesses:
- Restaurants, retail and community facilities can reopen as they were before 12 February.
- Weddings and funerals can continue as they were before 12 February.
- Indoor entertainment facilities – including seated venues, cinemas and non-seated venues such as galleries – can reopen with a patron cap of 50% up to a maximum of 300 people per space.
- All other public places will reopen with gatherings limited to 20 people outdoors.
- Workers in both public and private offices can return to 50% on site.
Changes to mask-wearing
Masks will be required everywhere indoors except at home, and outside if you can't physically distance from others.
Face masks will be required in hair and beauty salons but can be removed if required for a beauty service.
A face mask must be carried at all times unless a lawful exemption applies.
The full list of restrictions is available at the bottom of the press release on the Premier's website.