The Victorian Government is investing a further $3 billion to support the Victorian businesses most affected by coronavirus (COVID‑19) restrictions.
The latest support for businesses in the return to COVID Normal operations involves a record boost in support through cash grants, tax relief and cashflow support.
The following grants are available to help businesses that have had to reduce or cease operations because of restrictions:
- from $10,000 to $20,000 for eligible small and medium sized businesses through the third round of the Business Support Fund
- up to $30,000 for licensed hospitality businesses
- up to $20,000 for alpine businesses
- a competitive grant program for business chambers and trader groups
As we start to reopen and operate under a new COVID Normal, many businesses will have to adapt the way they operate. That's why the package also includes:
- vouchers to help sole traders and small businesses set up or improve their digital operations
- an expansion of the 'Click for Vic' campaign, which promotes local businesses to Victorians
Another $1.8 billion is also set aside for tax and cash flow support, including:
- deferral of payroll tax for the 2020–21 financial year
- waivers for liquor licence fees
- discounted stamp duty for commercial properties in regional Victoria