On this page
Regional Tourism Support Program
The Regional Tourism Support Program is a $40 million capped fund for regional tourism businesses to cover the costs of refunds, as well as marketing campaigns to boost visitation once the restrictions can be eased.
Latest restrictions for metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire
Based on the advice of the Chief Health Officer, Stage 3 "Stay at Home" restrictions will be reinstated across metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire from 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July.
Please read the Premier of Victoria’s statement for more information.
For more information, please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.
Businesses outside restricted postcodes
Tourism businesses outside of metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell shire and not subject to Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions may operate in line with the Tourism Industry Guidelines for coronavirus (COVID-19) to tourism operators to help them safely resume operations from 22 June.
Developed in collaboration with industry, the guidelines assist businesses to safely resume operations in accordance with the easing of restrictions and build confidence in the community that it is safe to return to tourism businesses and attractions.
Tourism operators need to:
- Protect staff wellbeing by ensuring staff and hygiene measures are in place as well as ensuring workers are complying with health advice and are not unwell
- Provide all staff with a copy of these guidelines
- Have provisions in place to record visitor contact details on booking or entry, with first name and a contact number (the details of every client should be recorded, not just one per booking)
- Undertake a deep clean of the premises and implement additional hygiene and cleaning measures and practices
- Ensure your business is set up to adhere to physical distancing requirements
- Ensure visitor awareness of, and compliance with, requirements (including collection of contact information)
- Be ready to work with the Department of Health and Human Services in the event of a case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in an outbreak affecting your business
- Complete and consider displaying coronavirus (COVID-19) checklists provided in these guidelines.
Facemasks in the workplace
This fact sheet provides information about the use of face masks to help you keep your employees and customers safe. It should be read together with advice from the Chief Health Officer and the Department of Health and Human Services issued on 10 July 2020.
Resources to support your business’s safe reopening
This page offers a range of resources tourism businesses can download and display.
Before you are open - checklist for business owners/managers
This checklist will help you identify how to prepare your tourism business to reopen safely
Once you are open - checklist for business owners/managers
This checklist will help you identify how to operate your tourism business safely and keep your staff and patrons safe.
Once you are open - checklist for staff
Further information for tourism accommodation providers on the use of infrared thermometers.
Record sheet - Visitor and patron contact log
This sheet can be used to record visitor contact details to support contact tracing.
Maintaining a register of visitors to your venue is a requirement of reopening. The register can be paper based or electronic but needs to include the information fields on this sheet.
(COVID-19) Health Questionnaire
Staff are encouraged to complete this questionnaire before each shift.
Guest coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Questionnaire
Accommodation providers are encouraged to provide this form to guests to complete on behalf of themselves and household members they are travelling with, before leaving home for their stay.
Signage and posters
- Door sign - Our maximum number of patrons is:
- Door sign - Please do not enter this venue if you are experiencing symptoms
- Floor sticker - Please stand here
- Poster - slowing the spread of coronavirus
- Poster - slowing the spread of coronavirus - blue
- Poster - Protect yourself and your family. Cover your cough and sneeze
- Poster - Protect yourself and your family. Cover your cough and sneeze - blue
- Poster - Protect yourself and your family. Wash your hands regularly
- Poster - Protect yourself and your family. Wash your hands regularly - blue
- Sign - Help us practice physical distancing
- Sign - Let's all keep 1.5m apart
- Sign - Please stand here
- Sign - Protect yourself and others
- Sign - This screen is in place to help safeguard you and our team