On this page
Business Support Package
The new $534 million Business Support Package will provide more support to help businesses and workers through to the other side of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Latest restrictions for metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire
Based on the advice of the Chief Health Officer, Stage 3 "Stay at Home" restrictions will be reinstated across metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire from 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July.
Please read the Premier of Victoria’s statement for more information.
For more information, please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.
Businesses outside restricted postcodes
Beauty and personal care businesses outside of metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell shire and not subject to Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions may continue to operate under the Beauty and Personal Care Facility Guidelines for coronavirus (COVID-19) released by the Victorian Government to support businesses to safely resume operations from 1 June.
These guidelines assist businesses to prepare to safely resume operations in accordance with the easing of restrictions and build confidence in the community that their health and safety is being protected.
Beauty and personal care businesses need to:
- create a plan for their business that takes into account these guidelines as well as guidance from WorkSafe Victoria, and the Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2009 which set out the requirements for premises registered under the Act;
- deep clean the premises before reopening and establish ongoing processes and schedules for cleaning that maintains good hygiene at the business;
- set up operations to ensure physical distancing requirements of one person per four square metres are met and ensure clients remain 1.5 metres apart;
- display hygiene, physical distancing and wayfinding signage to emphasise to staff and clients the expectation on all of us to stay safe;
- communicate with, and provide information for, staff on safety and hygiene practices to ensure they understand and can fulfil their duties and responsibilities;
- have a response plan in place ready for the possibility of a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) of staff or client at the business;
- maintain a contact register of all visitors to the premises (first name, telephone number, date and time of visit) including clients, suppliers, maintenance workers to support contact tracing and store it securely on-site for at least 28 days after the visit.
Facemasks in the workplace
This fact sheet provides information about the use of face masks to help you keep your employees and customers safe. It should be read together with advice from the Chief Health Officer and the Department of Health and Human Services issued on 10 July 2020.
Resources to support your business’s safe reopening
This page offers a range of resources beauty and personal care businesses can download and display.
Before you are open - checklist for business owners/managers
This checklist will help you identify how to prepare your beauty and personal care facility to reopen safely.
Once you are open - checklist for business owners/managers
This checklist will help you identify how to operate your beauty and personal care facility safely and keep your staff and patrons safe.
Once you are open - checklist for staff
Record sheet - Visitor and client contact log
This sheet can be used to record visitor contact details to support contact tracing.
Maintaining a register of visitors to your venue is a requirement of reopening. The register can be paper based or electronic but needs to include the information fields on this sheet.
(COVID-19) Health Questionnaire
Staff are encouraged to complete this questionnaire before each shift.
Signage and posters
- Door sign - Our maximum number of patrons is:
- Door sign - Please do not enter this venue if you are experiencing symptoms
- Floor sticker - Please stand here
- Poster - slowing the spread of coronavirus
- Poster - slowing the spread of coronavirus - blue
- Poster - Protect yourself and your family. Cover your cough and sneeze
- Poster - Protect yourself and your family. Cover your cough and sneeze - blue
- Poster - Protect yourself and your family. Wash your hands regularly
- Poster - Protect yourself and your family. Wash your hands regularly - blue
- Sign - Help us practice physical distancing
- Sign - Let's all keep 1.5m apart
- Sign - Please stand here
- Sign - Protect yourself and others
- Sign - This screen is in place to help safeguard you and our team
Checklists and factsheets to support a safe reopening - languages other than English
Once you are open – Checklist for Personal Care and Beauty Salon Staff – Vietnamese Khi đã mở cửa – Danh mục kiểm tra dành cho nhân viên các cơ sở thẩm mỹ và chăm sóc cá nhân – Việt ngữ (DOCX 135.87 KB)
Once you are open – Checklist for Personal Care and Beauty Salon Staff – Vietnamese Khi đã mở cửa – Danh mục kiểm tra dành cho nhân viên các cơ sở thẩm mỹ và chăm sóc cá nhân – Việt ngữ (PDF 202.28 KB)