You might be eligible for...
COVID-19 payroll tax relief
Businesses with annual Victorian taxable wages up to $3 million will have their payroll tax for the 2019-20 financial year waived.
Eligible businesses can claim a reimbursement of payroll tax already paid in the 2019-20 financial year.
Business Support Fund
The Business Support Fund provides $10,000 grants to small businesses that employ staff and are subject to closure or are highly impacted by the shutdown restrictions announced by the Victorian Government as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes businesses in the hardest hit sectors including:
- Accommodation and Food Services (e.g. cafes, restaurants, caterers, hotels, motels)
- Arts and Entertainment (e.g. cinemas, performing arts venues, creative spaces, performers, museums)
- Health and Beauty Services (e.g. hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapists)
- Sport and recreation (e.g. gyms, swimming pools, indoor climbing, play centres)
- Tourism (e.g. tourist transport, tour operators, tour arrangement)
- Retail, other than supermarket, groceries, liquor and pharmacy businesses
Other Services (e.g. real estate agents).
Small businesses are eligible if they:
- Employ staff
- Have been subject to closure or are highly impacted by Restricted Activity Directions issued by the Deputy Chief Health Officer to-date External link (opens in same window).
- Have a turnover of more than $75,000
- Have payroll of less than $650,000
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 16 March 2020 (date of the State of Emergency declaration)
- Have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in the Australian State of Victoria on 16 March 2020.