You might be eligible for...
Business Support Package
The new $534 million Business Support Package will provide more support to help businesses and workers through to the other side of the coronavirus pandemic.
The new package includes:
- The Business Support Fund - Expansion providing more support through the renewed restrictions. $10,000 is available for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire in recognition of spending longer under restrictions and
$5,000 for employing businesses in regional local government areas (except Mitchell Shire).
- A $30 million dedicated fund for Victoria’s night time economy to support the hardest hit businesses in hospitality.
- $26 million in mental health support will ensure Victorians dealing with the compounding challenges of running a small business can get the support they need as they navigate their way through the crisis.
- A $10 million business mentoring program, pairing small business owners with experienced professionals who can help them navigate their way through the crisis.
- A $40 million capped fund for regional tourism businesses to cover the costs of refunds.
- A $20 million fund to support small businesess in Melbourne’s CBD that are faced with a large and sustained shock to their trading environments.
Business Survival and Adaptation Package
- Small and medium sized business ($822 million): The third round of the Business Support Fund will provide up to $20,000 for business with a payroll of up to $10 million. Grant applications open on Friday 18 September 2020.
- Licensed Hospitality Business ($251 million): Grants of up to $30,000 for licensed pubs, clubs, hotels, bars, restaurants and reception centres, based on their venue capacity and location.
- Business Chambers and Trader Groups ($3 million): A competitive grants program to support metropolitan and regional business chambers and trader groups.
- Alpine businesses ($4.3 million): Grants of up to $20,000 to help alpine businesses pay a service charge to Alpine Resort Management Boards.
- Sole Trader Support Fund ($100 million): Grants of up to $3,000 to over 30,000 eligible sole traders who operate from a commercial premises or location to which the sole operator is the tenant or licensee.
- $20 million voucher program to assist sole traders and small businesses in building their digital capability
- $15.7 million package to help Victorian exporters get their products to market and establish new trade channels.
- $8.5 million expansion to the ‘Click for Vic’ campaign to encourage more Victorians to support local businesses.
- $87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package to support hospitality businesses prepare for COVID Normal reopening across Victoria.
- $100 million Melbourne City Recovery Fund between the Victorian Government and the City of Melbourne to support Melbourne on the roadmap for reopening to COVID Normal in the lead up to Christmas and during summer.
Waivers and deferrals
- $1.7 billion to defer payroll tax for businesses with payrolls up to $10 million for the full 2020-21 financial year
- $41 million to bring forward the 50% stamp duty discount for commercial and industrial property for all of Regional Victoria
- $33 million to defer the planned increase in the landfill levy for six months
- $30 million to waive 25% of the Congestion Levy this year, with the outstanding balance deferred.
- $27 million in liquor license fee waivers for 2021
- $6 million to waive Vacant Residential Land Tax for vacancies in 2020.
Not what you were looking for?
If the assistance outlined above doesn't provide the support you are looking for, either change your answers on the Previous selections options on this page or: