You might be eligible for...
Commercial tenancies relief scheme
The Victorian Government has announced a commercial tenancy relief scheme to alleviate financial hardship faced by tenants and landlords as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- a six-month moratorium on commercial tenancy evictions from 29 March 2020 for the non-payment of rent for small to medium enterprises with an annual turnover under $50 million that have experienced a minimum 30 per cent reduction in turnover due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- freeze on rent increases during the moratorium for commercial tenants
- a rental payment waiver or deferral proportionate to commercial tenants’ income reduction due to coronavirus (COVID-19), to be negotiated between tenant and landlord
- a mediation service for commercial tenants and landlords to support fair tenancy negotiations.
- the tenant’s annual turnover doesn’t exceed $50 million
- is an eligible business in the Commonwealth’s JobKeeper program, and
- is suffering financial stress or hardship as a result of the pandemic.
Visit the Victorian Small Business Commission website for more information or assistance with your tenancy situation.