Small Business BIG Marketing
In 2013, over 800 guests attended Small Business BIG Marketing. This is an inspirational and fun half-day event incorporating seminars panel session featuring leading marketers, a marketing services exhibition and networking opportunities.
Free half hour business mentoring sessions were also offered to the attendees at Small Business BIG Marketing which got fully booked within minutes. Read more about year round mentoring sessions offered by Small Business Victoria.
Register to attend in 2014
Don’t miss out on the 2014 event. Register your interest now.
Become a BIG Marketing exhibitor
For your chance to place your business in front of hundreds of like minded people and network with industry experts, register your interest in becoming an exhibitor.
What attendees thought
- It was the best event I have attended in many years. Great MC'ing by Toby, really relevant and credible speakers with lots to share. Thanks. I gained a heap!
- The events organised are great. Great speakers, great topics, networking opportunities, great to acquire knowledge.
- Pleasantly surprised, thoroughly enjoyed and felt it was worth my time. Hope to implement a number of ideas.
- Thank you so much for a fantastic day. Well organised and everyone was kind and friendly. Can't wait for next year!
- Very entertaining, energetic and interactive event. Great that it was a half day!
- A great event, really enjoyed the presenters who had great energy and insights. Also the free mentoring sessions were a great idea and valuable. It's amazing what a difference it can make to talk to someone independent and not emotionally/financially attached to your business can make. Thanks.
- Great format. Networking time was good to break up the presentations. Presentations were even better than I expected and I'm re-thinking my whole marketing strategy based on what I learnt
- I thought all the speakers were great. Particularly Steve and Russell. Russell gave fantastic insight into an industry most only see from the outside. Steve was incredibly relevant to start ups but also had the big business insight. Toby, as always, was the consummate emcee.
Small Business BIG Marketing 2013 speakers
Russel Howcroft (CEO, Australia & New Zealand Young & Rubicam Brands)
Through his appearances on ABC1's hugely successful The Gruen Transfer, Russel Howcroft has become the very public face of brand marketing and advertising in Australia. Russel, who is currently Chief Executive Officer Australia and New Zealand at Young & Rubicam Brands, fell in love with the advertising industry after doing a week's work experience at advertising agency McCann Erickson while part way through a marketing degree at Chisholm Institute (now part of Monash University). Russel is also the former Chairman of the Advertising Federation of Australia. He has been a regular commentator on radio in Melbourne and is a board member of the Melbourne Football club.
Steve Sammartino (Strategy & Digital Director, Grey Group Australia)
Steve has invested the past 20 years working in the world of marketing & advertising. He is now the Strategy & Digital Director for the Grey Group Australia. He has worked with Kraft, Fosters, P&G (Gillette) and Kimberly Clark and is a Marketing Lecturer at Melbourne University. In addition to traditional marketing experience, he has an enormous amount of knowledge in digital and startup based arenas, having designed, built and sold his own startup - rentoid.com. Steve is a fresh thinker who has a real grip on the changes in the business & technology landscape and is an expert in making sense of it all.
Abigail Forsyth (Founder & CEO of KeepCup)
In 1998, Abigail Forsyth and brother Jamie Forsyth started Bluebag, a fresh and healthy cafe concept across the Melbourne CBD. Concerned with the environmental impact of wasteful food packaging, they began searching for more sustainable ways to serve food and beverages. In 2007, they took the bold step of designing and manufacturing their own reusable cup. After two intensive years of design and development, the KeepCup was launched in June 2009. The KeepCup has been lauded for its thoughtful design, sound sustainability credentials and for giving momentum to the essential behaviour change from discard to reuse. They have offices in three countries; Fitzroy, Los Angeles and London
Toby Travanner (The Learning Company)
Toby is one of the best all round conference Masters of Ceremony and facilitators in Australia today. His primary area of expertise is coaching individuals and teams to realise their business and personal goals, especially in the areas of sales and marketing. Being well versed in many industries and with over 21 years of experience in consulting to provide peak personal performance, Toby is able to capture and motivate audiences with real, 'take home' techniques and attitudes. Toby has a degree in scientific research and is also a Member of the Adjunct Faculty at the Australian Graduate School of Management.
Melina Schamroth (m.a.d.woman - making a difference)
Social entrepreneur Melina Schamroth is in the business of making a difference. Founder of m.a.d woman, (making a difference), the unique Single Volunteers dating program, Grateful in April, Gals Doin' Good networking events, motivational speaker and author, Melina runs programs and events to connect people with each other and with their communities. m.a.d.woman is the winner of the National 2011 Telstra Business Awards - Yellow Pages Social Responsibility Award (as well as the Victorian State winner). Melina was co-named 2009 RMIT Communicator of the Year with acclaimed human rights activist Hon Michael Kirby.