On this page
- Training and education providers
- Leadership programs and awards
- Work experience and internships
- Find your next challenge
Victoria's tourism industry is broad and continues to grow from strength to strength. By 2020, over 270,000 Victorians are expected to working in the tourism industry.
Training and education providers
Victoria is home to some of Australia's leading tourism-related training providers. There are a number of courses that cater for all levels that can help you to take that next step in your career in tourism:
- William Angliss Institute
- Hospitality Training Australia
- Train My Venue
- Chisholm Institute of TAFE
- Gordon Institute of TAFE
- Melbourne Polytechnic (formerly NMIT)
- The Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG) provides government subsidised training to give you the skills you need to get a job in the industry, or take your existing job in tourism to the next level by improving your skills. VTG also provides foundation-level learning such as literacy, language or numeracy courses.
- The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) is closely aligned with the Victorian Tourism Industry Council (VTIC), and offers extensive courses to help you build your skills and expand your career options.
Programs and awards
- The Tourism Leadership Program gives people working in tourism the opportunity to become effective leaders in the industry through practical learning workshops.
- The Victorian Tourism Awards are held annually to recognise the achievements and contributions of Victorian tourism businesses.
Young Tourism Network
Want to connect with other young people in the tourism industry? The Young Tourism Network is a Victorian member-based networking group that connects tomorrow's industry leaders. Keep up-to-date with all the latest events and jobs on offer through their weekly e-newsletter by registering to be a member today.
Work experience and internships
Getting involved in work experience and internship activities gives you new opportunities to build on your existing job skills, learn and develop new skills, network with employers, obtain references and improve your chance of finding a job.
Find your next challenge
Need a new challenge? There are always opportunities to try something new and different in the tourism industry. Keep on top of what's out there by checking out industry vacancies in areas of interest to you: