Small Business SuccessMap supports business owners and managers to build their business planning and management capability through review, coaching and business planning.
At a glance
Potential value of support
Assistance to the value of $10,000. Businesses are required to pay $1,000 + GST towards program costs.
This program is available to Victorian small and medium sized enterprises that have growth aspirations and employ between 5 and 50 staff.
To be eligible to apply for the program a business must:
- be a small or medium sized enterprise based in Victoria
- have growth aspirations and can demonstrate financial viability
- employ between five and 50 staff
- be financially viable
- pay $1,000 + GST towards program costs
- be able to allocate time to meet with the business planning specialist and for monthly coaching sessions
- be able to provide relevant business performance data.
What you get
Small Business SuccessMap supports business owners and managers to build their business planning and management capability so they can be more responsive to a constantly changing business environment.
An independent business planning specialist will work with you to assess your strategic goals and objectives and help you develop and implement business and workforce development plans.
Businesses participating in the program will:
- improve your business review and planning processes
- identify development opportunities to foster business resilience and growth
- improve your understanding of performance and how to respond to a changing operating environment
- improve access and attraction to development options that build management capability.
Specifically, businesses will work with a business planning specialist to:
- undertake a strategic review
- develop a business plan
- develop a workforce plan
- undertake business coaching
- gain access to other planning tools and templates.
What you need to have before applying checklist
- contact a Victorian Government Business Development Manager via the Business Victoria hotline at 13 22 15 to discuss your suitability for the program
- discuss the program with a Business Planning Specialist before completing the online application form.
Applicants must complete all sections of the online application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How to applyApplicants need to:
- outline the areas of your business you anticipate growing through the program
- identify the barriers to growth in your business
- identify business goals to be achieved through the program
- outline any plans for additional staff.
Assessment of applications and any decision to approve participation in the program are at the absolute discretion of the Department.
The business planning specialists are provided by the following business development organisations.
The contracted Service Providers are:
Ph: (03) 9473 3604
Email: Marita Taylor
Crowe HorwathContact: Amy McPherson or Paul Robson
Ph: (03) 9535 5300 or (03) 5224 7700
Email: Amy McPherson
Grant Thornton AustraliaContact: Jill Thompson
Ph: (03) 8663 6174
Email: Jill Thompson
Group Training Association of VictoriaContact: Carly Quinlan
Ph: (03) 9639 3955
Email: Carly Quinlan
PricewaterhouseCoopers AustraliaContact: Ryan O'Connor
Ph: (03) 8603 4032
Email: Ryan O'Connor