The Regional Manufacturing Clusters initiative will support manufacturers seeking to invest in innovation, capability development and business growth, with a focus on tangible actions and peer learning and collaboration.
At a glance
Through this initiative, regional manufacturers will have access to a range of services such as:
- training and practical assistance with innovation, upskilling, scaling up, trade and supply chain opportunities
- introductions to appropriate partners and resources, including information about available government support
- the opportunity to learn from peers about strategies for success
- mentoring from manufacturers that are local or global leaders in advanced manufacturing.
The initiative will also build connections through networking events and digital platforms.
Clusters have been announced in Ballarat and Bendigo. Other locations will be announced progressively.
Value will be announced closer to launch date.
The initiative is intended for businesses located in regional Victoria that are on a growth trajectory.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the initiative:
- Be a business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Meet any co-contribution requirements;
- Be a legal entity that is currently engaged in manufacturing or the manufacturing supply chain or able to demonstrate a genuine commercial connection to the manufacturing supply chain;
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards;
- Have an operating presence in Victoria;
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity.
NOTE: Commonwealth, State and Local Government agencies and bodies are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
The Victorian Government is partnering with the Australian Industry Group on this important initiative. Further details will be released by June 2018.
In the meantime, please contact your local Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) Office by calling 13 22 15 for more information about how to get involved.