The Jobs Victoria Employment Network (JVEN) is a key initiative of Jobs Victoria. It is the Victorian Government’s major activity to help disadvantaged Victorian jobseekers gain employment. JVEN services are delivered by service providers who work closely with employers to identify job opportunities and prepare jobseekers for those roles.
Jobs Victoria is now seeking Expressions of Interest from suitable organisations to participate in the Jobs Victoria Employment Network - Stage 2, which will support organisations to deliver tailored services to jobseekers.
At a glance
Jobs Victoria Employment Network Stage 2 is open for expressions of interest from Wednesday 5 April until 2pm on Tuesday 2 May 2017.
Funding to support employment placement services for disadvantages jobseekers.
Applications are open to Victorian based organisations who have appropriate experience supporting unemployed Victorians into work.
To be eligible to apply for this program an organisation must:
- be an incorporated entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have a significant organisational presence in Victoria
- have appropriate experience supporting unemployed Victorians into work
- demonstrate the organisation has sufficient resources to manage the proposed service.
Organisations with contracts to deliver employment assistance under the Commonwealth’s jobactive program will only be considered for funding in areas outside the Employment Region/s for which they have a jobactive contract.
Applications from consortia will be preferred. A lead applicant/organisation will need to be identified as part of the application.
What you need to have before applying
Before applying for this program, make sure you review the information below:
JVEN Stage 2 Priorities
Under JVEN Stage 2, DEDJTR is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitable organisations to deliver employment services over the period July 2017 to June 2020 to specified groups of jobseekers in the following locations:
||Indicative outcomes sought
Melbourne - Eastern
|Broad range of disadvantaged jobseekers including young people, mature age and multicultural jobseekers
|Melbourne - Inner South
||Broad range of disadvantaged jobseekers, including young people and mature age
|Melbourne - South East
Focusing on Frankston and Mornington Peninsula
|Broad range of disadvantaged jobseekers, including young people, mature age and ex-offenders
|Melbourne - South East
Focusing on Dandenong
|Workers retrenched from automotive supply chain businesses (with barriers to re-employment)
|Melbourne - Western
Focusing on Flemington area
|Unemployed and disengaged jobseekers from refugee and other migrant communities
|Central Highlands Region
||Broad range of disadvantaged jobseekers, including young people, mature age, and multicultural jobseekers. Specific assistance to ex-offenders
|Great South Coast Region
||Broad range of disadvantaged jobseekers
||Broad range of disadvantaged jobseekers including young people, mature age, multicultural jobseekers and ex-offenders
||Youth justice clients, with a focus on 'first-time' offenders
What you get
Stage 2 funding will support organisations to:
- Focus on Victorian jobseekers who are disadvantaged in the labour market and who require assistance to gain employment
- Actively engage with employers to identify job opportunities and assist in meeting industry workforce needs
- Offer flexible services that are tailored to the particular needs of disadvantaged jobseekers and responsive to the particular local/regional needs
- Link to community support services to ensure that the needs of disadvantaged jobseekers are met and employment outcomes are maximised
- Address gaps in and complement existing services, including Commonwealth employment services.
How to applyThere are two steps to submitting an application to Stage 2 of the program.
Step 1 – Expression of Interest
Applicants need to:
• read the Jobs Victoria Employment Network Program Guidelines for Stage 2
• complete the Expression of Interest by the closing date
Applications close Tuesday 2 May 2017 at 2pm.
Please note: The APPLY NOW button will take you to an online grants application portal where you will be asked to complete an Expression of Interest for consideration. This completes Step 1.
Step 2 – A full project application (for invited applicants only)
Following review of the Expressions of Interest received by the Department at Step 1, the Department will prioritise proposals for further consideration and invite preferred applicants to submit a full application which may include an interview with the department.
Invited applicants are required to:
• respond to any queries raised by the Department and develop a full grant application which responds to the Jobs Victoria Employment Network Program Guidelines for Stage 2
• submit an application through the link provided by the due date
• attach all supporting documentation requested in the online application form.
For assistance in developing an application for JVEN, organisations are strongly encouraged to contact the Department’s workforce specialists:
Assessment of applications and any decision to approve funding are at the discretion of the Department.