The Jobs Victoria Employment Network (JVEN) is a key initiative of the newly established Jobs Victoria, which will consolidate all Victorian employment services into one system. The 2016/17 Victorian Budget allocated $53 million to expand employment assistance to disadvantaged jobseekers. A key feature will be engagement with employers to identify vacancies and support jobseekers into those roles.
At a glance
Identifying job vacancies and supporting disadvantaged jobseekers
Applications are open to Victorian based organisations who have appropriate experience supporting unemployed Victorians into work.
To be eligible to apply for this program an organisation must
- be an incorporated entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have a significant organisational presence in Victoria
- have appropriate experience supporting unemployed Victorians into work
Organisations with contracts to deliver employment assistance under the Commonwealth’s jobactive program will only be considered for funding in areas outside the Employment Region/s for which they have a jobactive contract.
Applications from consortia will be preferred. A lead applicant/organisation will need to be identified as part of the application.
What you need to have before applying
Before applying for this program, make sure you understand all the information below:
Information Session Presentation
What you get
Funding will be provided for projects that assist unemployed Victorians to gain on-going employment. The program will support projects that:
- funding will focus on Victorian jobseekers who are disadvantaged in the labour market and who require assistance to gain employment
- actively engage with employers to identify job opportunities and assist in meeting industry workforce needs
- offer flexible services that are tailored to the particular needs of disadvantaged jobseekers and responsive to the particular local/regional needs
- link to community support services to ensure that the needs of disadvantaged jobseekers are met and employment outcomes are maximised
- provide services that address gaps in and complement existing services, including Commonwealth services.
Tips and hints
For assistance in developing an application for JVEN organisations are strongly encouraged to contact the department’s workforce specialists:
Employment Network - Information Sessions
Information Sessions for Jobs Victoria Employment Network funding have been held across the state. If you were unable to attend a session or want to view the presentation again, a recorded version of the Melbourne session is available.
If you have any further questions about Jobs Victoria Employment Network please email Jobs Victoria
How to apply
Applicants need to:
- read the Jobs Victoria Employment Network Program Guidelines
- complete the Jobs Victoria Employment Network online application form
- attach all supporting documentation requested in the online application form
Applications close Monday 20 June 2016 at 5pm.
Assessment of applications and any decision to approve funding are at the discretion of the Department.