Victorian ICT companies can apply for grant assistance to attend a trade show or event that is relevant to their business.
The TRIP ICT Program is currently suspended to new applications until further notice. Applications already submitted will be processed as normal. Please check back to this website for updated information.
At a glance
Potential grant funding
Covers expenses to attend overseas conferences, trade events and meetings, ranging from $2,500 to $10,000. In some cases only 50% of eligible expenses can be claimed.
Victorian ICT companies can apply for grant assistance to attend a trade show or event that is relevant to their business. Events must have a significant exhibition component.
- Pre Application
- Submit Application At least 14 days prior to event
- Application Review
- Application Results You will receive an email within 15 working days
- Submit claim form Within 6 weeks of attending the event
To get the best results, contact Business Victoria on 13 22 15.
- a commercial Victorian company with less than 200 employees
- a Victorian based industry association servicing the ICT sector
- working primarily in the ICT sector, including telecommunications, interactive applications, creative content and specialist manufacturing
- based and headquartered in Victoria
- not a subsidiary of a foreign company.
You will be asked to declare that alternative funding of the same expenses has not been sought or obtained.
What you need to have before applying checklist:
Financial grant application
All but the last point are mandatory for applications:
- completed Statutory Declaration. The template is available online once you submit the 'Application Form'. The Declaration must be certified by an authorised witness (eg Justice of Peace, Police Officer)
- Certificate of Registration of a Company/Business Name (copy only)
- an Export or Project plan (depending on the funding category)
- samples of promotional materials prepared for the trade show you are attending (if available). This may include fliers, PowerPoint presentations or draft materials.
What you get
By participating in trade shows and events you can:
- put yourself on the world map; enter international markets; attract and boost export sales
- benchmark products against the world's best; display and market new products
- form joint ventures; appoint distributors and dealers; conclude license agreements
- gain new product development ideas; meet and learn from top decision makers.
Details of specific grant amounts
|Type of grant
||Grant amount (excl. GST)
||A person representing an eligible Victorian ICT company that is traveling to a meeting or event overseas with the expectation of confirming a significant new sales contract. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the travel is essential to achieving substantial new export sales. The grant is only for one representative per company per event and may only be accessed once a year.
||Recovery of eligible expenses up to $2,500 max.
||A person representing an eligible ICT company attending an international ICT expo or Victorian Government led business mission. This grant is a contribution towards airfares, accommodation and costs of trade event entry for one person per company.
||Recovery of eligible expenses up to $2,500 max.
|Exhibitor in a shared stand
||An eligible Victorian ICT company will share an exhibition stand with a multinational company, industry association, educational institution or an Australian government agency. The grant is a contribution towards the cost of the company attending the event. It includes airfares, accommodation, stand and promotional costs.
||50% recovery of eligible expenses up to $4,000 max.
||An eligible Victorian ICT company that has committed to sponsor a recognised industry conference. The grant is a contribution towards the cost of the company attending the event, which may or may not have an exhibition component. It includes airfares, accommodation, stand (if appropriate) and promotional costs.
||50% recovery of eligible expenses up to $4,000.
||An eligible Victorian ICT company exhibiting at an international expo in a non-shared stand. The grant is a contribution towards the cost of the company attending the event. It includes airfares, accommodation, stand and promotional costs.
||50% recovery of eligible expenses up to $8,000.
||A representative entity of a cluster of Victorian ICT companies attending an international expo. The grant is a contribution towards the cost of the company attending the event. It includes airfares, accommodation, stand and promotional costs.
||50% recovery of eligible expenses up to $10,000.
How to apply
Financial Grant Application form
Begin the online application by clicking the button below.
It is now a requirement to be a Business Victoria registered user in order to save or submit your application form.
If you are not a Business Victoria registered user, you will be directed to create a username and password when you 'Save as draft' or 'Submit' the application form.
There is no requirement to login or create an account prior to completing the application form.
If you are an existing Business Victoria registered user, you will be directed to enter your username and password when you 'Save as draft' or 'Submit' the application. Your applications will be available on the My Grants and Assistance page.
Please note: Applications must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the start of the event. Late applications will not be considered.
Claiming a payment
An online form is sent to all applicants.You should include:
- a valid tax invoice (on your company letterhead) which includes the name of your company, your ABN and is addressed to the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR). A valid invoice must include a description including the name of the recipient and the address, the name and date of the trade event and the grant category. For example: Grant for OFC 2012, 7-9 November 2012. Networker category. The invoice should specify the grant amount claimed plus the GST amount with a total figure and should have the words 'Tax Invoice' prominently stated. Please use the template contained in your grant approval email.
- copies of your airline ticket/boarding passes and receipt of payment
- entry badge from the Exhibition attended
- expenses report completed using the TRIP Program Expenses Report Template which must have your company letterhead, your signature then scanned if sending electronically
- copies of receipts – (showing actual payment for the amount you are claiming. If you are claiming a grant as an exhibitor you must also include copies of exhibition costs incurred in your name)
Please call the TRIP - ICT team on (03) 9651 9945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Tips and hints
If your products or services are specific to the ICT sector you may be eligible. Providers of general products and services eg legal, accounting are not eligible.
If you’re a Victorian ICT company that meets the eligibility criteria and has not received funding from an alternative funding source, you are free to select international trade shows and events relevant to your business. Events must have a significant expo component.
Companies may access the program up to three times in a financial year. Only one grant per trip is permitted.
Networker grants can be accessed four times over two financial years. A Networker grant covers the cost of only one person per company attending the event. A First-time sole exhibitor grant can only be received once.
You are entitled to one grant per company, not per representative. A Net worker grant covers the cost of only one person per company attending the event.