The Powerline Bushfire Safety Program (PBSP) Research & Development (R&D) Fund is looking for an overhead cable technology solution that will reduce the impact of bushfires starting from bare-wire Single Wire Earth Return (SWER) and 22kV high voltage conductors used in the Victorian electricity distribution system.
At a glance
Potential grant funding
- Proof of Concept - up to $200,000
- Market Ready - up to $500,000
To be eligible to apply, applicants must be a non-tax-exempt company incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 OR a registered research institute
Any questions? Email email@example.com up to 7 days prior to the closing date.
- be a non-tax-exempt company incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 OR a registered research institute
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have access to, or the beneficial use of, any IP necessary to carry out the project
- undertake not less than 80 per cent of the R&D work in Victoria for the duration of the project
- have the principal investigator based in Victoria for the duration of the Proof of Concept project
- partner with a Victorian distribution business to test the product on its network - Market Ready project only.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for further eligibility requirements.
What you need to have before applying checklist
Please read the following documents when considering applying:
What you get
Stage 1 - Proof of Concept
For the purpose of this grant Program, a Proof of Concept is defined as:
- a working prototype of the technology which demonstrates that the solution will work as intended.
Stage 2 - Market Ready
For the purposes of this grant, Market Ready is defined as:
- a fully developed product which only requires testing on the Victorian live electricity distribution network to ensure system compatibility and to identify and resolve any final issues relating to performance. This is designed to supply confidence to the market that it is a viable product for Victorian distribution networks and environmental conditions. This testing will require the involvement of an electricity distribution business. Once testing has been completed, the product must have all the evidence required to release it to the market.
Tips and hints
Note that there is potential for companies with demonstrated capability (e.g. Feasibility Study Report, commercial products in market, evidence of trial of product in market) to enter the program at either stage.
Information to assist in completing this application:
- answer all questions and address all requirements
- use concise language
- comply with word limits
- attachments will be requested throughout the Application Form.