Tourism Victoria's Country Victoria Events Program (CVEP) provides funding, resources and advice to assist in the facilitation and enhancement of regional events. This program focuses on events that are able to attract, or are likely to attract in the near future, a number of intrastate and interstate visitors.
At a glance
Grants up to $10,000 for regional event delivery and marketing.
Applicants must be a registered business, incorporated body or local government organisation in regional Victoria.
Applicants must be a registered business, incorported body or local government organisation.
Applicants must also be aware that:
- the level of funding requested must not exceed the confirmed combined cash allocation provided to the event by local government and relevant tourism bodies per event
- to ensure allocated funds are maximised, you should apply at least six months prior to your event being held.
It should also be noted that as the aim of the program is to assist events in becoming self-sustaining, continuous funding from this program is unlikely.
What you need to have before applying checklist:You will need to have the:
- amount of confirmed cash support being allocated to the event by local government or other appropriate organisation(s). Provide a copy of relevant correspondence confirming this allocation
- data on tourism impact, including number of attendees, origin of attendees, media coverage, accommodation and other factors
- marketing plan
- event budget.
What do I get?
The Country Victoria Events Program will provide funding to support:
- event delivery: to assist with the costs associated with staging the event
- event development: to assist with the development of an existing event program in order to improve the long term growth of the event
- event marketing: to assist with marketing activities designed to attract visitors to the event from outside the local area.
How to apply
Apply online using the buttons below.
Assessment CriteriaYour application will be judged on its:
- potential to develop into a tourism event in the foreseeable future
- financial viability, including the level of confirmed cash and in-kind support from local government and/or relevant tourism associations
- demonstrated consultation with the local regional tourism body
- type of event and relevance to regional tourism strengths
- level to which the event will attract ‘outside visitors’ i.e. intrastate and interstate visitors, and encourage increased length of stay
- marketing strategy, including tourism marketing activities
- timeliness of event.
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR), Visit Victoria
Country Victoria Events Program
(03) 9653 9883
Email the County Victoria Events team