Artisanal Sector Program – Stage One Grants are now available!
Stage one grants support projects that address the immediate needs of artisanal producers in the agricultural and/or food sectors to make essential small-scale investments in equipment, skills and services that result in business growth or productivity improvements.
Eligible artisanal producers can now apply for grants of up to $5,000 per applicant.
Artisanal Sector Stage One Grants form part of the Victorian Government Artisanal Sector Program.
At a glance
Potential value of support
The program will provide a maximum grant of $5,000 (excluding GST). Recipients are required to contribute at least 20 per cent of the total cash costs of the project.
- Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer and a standard agreement that will need to be signed and returned. The grant will be paid in a single instalment upon evidence of project completion.
- Successful grant proposal projects need to be completed within three (3) months of the execution of the grant agreement.
Stage one grants are available to support businesses in the Victorian artisanal sector. Artisanal food and agriculture is…
…the production of a high-value product or premium food on a small scale or by specialised techniques, and with a clearly identified provenance. It creates a connection between the consumer and producer that allows customers to experience the authenticity and story of the product, in a way that provides direct value to both the producer and the consumer.
Small and micro businesses are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility criteriaTo be eligible for a stage one grant applicants must:
- be a producer/grower or food business operating in Victoria’s artisanal sector
- have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a legal entity
- agree to participate in future program evaluation activities
- meet all industrial relation obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards
Who is not eligible for a stage one artisanal sector grant?
- Commonwealth, State and Local Government agencies or bodies
- Unincorporated associations
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Franchisees and subsidiaries of larger companies
How do I apply?Please ensure you read the Artisanal Sector Program – Stage One Grant Guidelines for a full explanation of the application and assessment process.
If you are unsure about your eligibility or have a question about the application process, please call the Customer Service Centre on 136 186.
You can apply via the Apply Now button on this page.
What documentation will be required for the application?Applicants must attach sufficient evidence to their application to verify the proposed project and the associated costs, e.g. an itemised quotation or formal cost estimate addressed to the applicant. For skills/training proposals, applicants must provide relevant course details including the training provider, fees, and course schedule.
Applicants may be contacted by the Department to provide additional supporting information.
PLEASE NOTE: If your application is successful, you will receive a letter of offer and standard agreement that will need to be signed and returned.
When will Stage Two Grants open?Stage two of the Artisanal Sector Program grants will open for applications in the first half of 2019. Stage two grants will support larger-scale projects that may involve individual businesses or community-based initiatives for the sector.
Project proposals relevant to stage two grants can be submitted to the Department through an Expression of Interest (EOI). A blank EOI form can be downloaded from this page. Completed forms and queries about stage two grants can be sent via email to email@example.com.
Need more assistance?
Talk to us, call 13 61 86