The Social Enterprise Capability Voucher Stream is a key initiative aligned with the building business capacity and skills action area to support the viability, sustainability and growth of social enterprises.
Round 2 of Boost Your Business Social Enterprise Voucher Stream closed Monday 16 July 2018.
At a glance
The Social Enterprise Capability Voucher Stream will support capability development projects within individual Victorian social enterprises. Projects supported under the Program will:
• lead to organisational efficiencies through implementation of new-to-the-firm business systems and processes that increase firm productivity and/or
• increase new market development through identifying new market opportunities and developing workable plans to access those markets and/or
• increase financial readiness, better equipping social enterprises to identify and manage investment and funding opportunities and/or
• increase contract readiness, better equipping social enterprises to access government and corporate procurement opportunities.
Potential value of support
Voucher of up to $25,000 towards an eligible business capability project under the following service types:
• business process & systems improvements
• business transformation
• financial management planning
• industry standards implementation & certification
• tender guidance.
The Social Enterprise Capability Voucher Stream is open to social enterprises located in Victoria who require specialist assistance to undertake growth orientated activities.
Not-for-profits and charity organisations are eligible to apply but only when they are:
- a social enterprise
- starting a social enterprise
- looking to move to a social enterprise model.
The voucher program is open to social enterprises that are on a growth trajectory.
For the purposes of this program, ‘social enterprises’:
- are led by an economic, social, cultural or environmental mission consistent with a public or community benefit
- derive a substantial portion of their income from trade
- reinvest the majority of their profit / surplus in the fulfilment of their mission.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program:
- Are a social enterprise registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure
- Be a legal entity that the applicant can clearly evidence is a “social enterprise” or able to demonstrate a business model that is underpinned by an economic, social, cultural, or environmental mission consistent with a public or community benefit
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards
- Have an operating presence in Victoria and undertake the project in Victoria
- Conduct the majority of proposed project activities in Victoria in partnership with an approved Registered Service Provider
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity
Social Enterprises of any size are eligible for this program (no minimum or maximum employee numbers or turnover.)
NOTE: Commonwealth, State and Local Government agencies and bodies are not eligible to apply.
Projects, funded through a voucher, are growth orientated activities undertaken by the applicant enterprise that, through using the expertise of Registered Service Providers, will assist the enterprise to become more productive, employ more people, create market access and in general increase their scale, profitability and impact. Social Enterprise Capability Voucher Projects will ideally combine advice and planning, as well as capability development and implementation aspects.
Voucher funding is not for ‘business as usual’ activity and the applicant organisation is required to articulate how their proposed project is likely to lead to the program’s long term goals.
What do I get?
A voucher of up to 80 percent of the total cost of services towards an eligible business capability project, provided on a cash co-contribution basis, with successful Applicants contributing a minimum value of 20 percent towards the project. The maximum value of a voucher is $25,000 (exclusive of GST).
Payment up to the face value of the voucher (exclusive of GST) will be made by the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) to the service provider(s) following provision of services, advice or expertise and upon the completion of work.
Applications for Vouchers will be administered through rounds with defined open and closed dates. Eligible applications will be assessed on a competitive basis relative to the merit of other applications received in a funding round.
Vouchers are issued in the name of the Applicant, have no cash value, and are non-transferable.
Registered Service Providers
The Registered Service Providers are able to assist you to undertake a Voucher supported project and prepare a scope of works to support your application.
Please note that the information provided in this list may be subject to change.