The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) has established Boost Your Business Vouchers to support Victorian businesses to become more productive, employ more people, improve market access and in general, increase their scale, diversity and profitability.
Round 2 of Boost Your Business closed Monday 16 July 2018.
At a glance
Potential assistanceEach Voucher Recipient may be able to receive up to:
- $50,000 under the Advanced Victorian Manufacturing Stream
- $50,000 under the Asia Gateway Stream
- $50,000 under the Defence, Aerospace and Security Stream
- $50,000* under the Food Innovation Stream
- *Up to $10,000 for early stage feasibility and testing vouchers
- $25,000 under the Social Enterprise Capability Stream
- $50,000 under the Victoria Israel Innovation Stream
EligibilityApplicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program:
a) be a business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN);
b) meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure;
c) be a legal entity;
d) meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards;
e) have an operating presence in Victoria;
f) employ between 20-200 staff or have an annual turnover of greater than $1.5 million (preference will be given to Applicants that employ less than 200 people)*;
g) Conduct the majority of proposed activities in Victoria in partnership with an approved Service Provider; and
h) Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity.
*Applicants should refer to the program guidelines for the specific program eligibility criteria. For example, the Social Enterprise Capability Stream does not require a minimum annual turnover or employment of 20 or more staff.
The three overarching objectives of Boost Your Business Vouchers are to:
• Increase the number of Victorian businesses entering new export markets and securing supply chain opportunities;
• Increase the number of Victorian Businesses developing and commercialising new products and services through research and development and generating improved productivity through process innovation;
• Improve the capability of Victorian businesses to accelerate growth and realise new opportunities.
In the longer term, the Boost Your Business Vouchers will help grow the Victorian economy by supporting the following outcomes:
• Victorian businesses are inventive, responsive and diverse, with increased levels of business innovation and business diversification;
• Victoria creates and diffuses knowledge through research, collaboration and commercialisation, leading to increased R&D spending and economic return from research and innovation;
• Victoria is a desired source of exports and a destination for foreign investment;
• Victoria’s business environment is competitive and provides confidence, including through increased market access;
• Victorians are adaptive, knowledgeable and entrepreneurial, leading to increased knowledge and skills and extended entrepreneurship.
What you getVouchers are used by Victorian businesses or organisations in exchange for services that will build their capabilities in three main areas:
- Market Engagement – services to assist companies and organisations to identify and secure international market development and export opportunities.
- Innovation – services to assist companies to develop or commercialise new products and improve process innovation.
- Business Capability – services to assist companies to position them to support future growth.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Asia Gateway
- Defence, Aerospace and Security
- Food Innovation
- Social Enterprise Capability
- Victoria Israel Innovation
Tips and hintsSMEs must obtain a quote from a Registered Service Provider.
Registered Service Providers
Registered Service Providers are able to assist you to undertake a Voucher supported project and prepare a scope of works to support your application.
Please note that the information provided in these lists may be subject to change.
Registered Service Providers unable to attend the program briefing can view the Boost Your Business Voucher program presentation (PDF 7384.62 KB).
How to applyRound 2 of Boost Your Business closed Monday 16 July 2018.
Successful recipientsBoost Your Business Round 1 Voucher Recipients (PDF 432.72 KB)
Boost Your Business Round 2 Voucher Recipients (PDF 453.24 KB)