Victoria has a wealth of clean energy resources which are set to play a key role in meeting Victoria's future energy needs. Victoria's share of electricity generated from renewable resources has increased substantially, from 4.8% in 2009 to 12% in 2014. Australia is forecast to attract $36 billion in renewable energy investments by 2020. It is vital Victoria captures a share of this.
Victoria's Future Industries
The $200 million Future Industries Fund supports high growth industry sectors that are critical to securing Victoria's future as a competitive, innovative and outward looking economy.
The Victorian Government has identified six priority sectors that have potential for extraordinary economic growth and the capacity to create high-skill, high wage jobs. These include:
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- New Energy Technologies
- Food and Fibre
- Transport, Defence and Construction Technologies
- International Education
- Professional Services.
A grants program delivered through the Future Industries Fund will support these sectors to compete in the global marketplace.
Grants will support projects that create new jobs and those that need government support to succeed. Funding will be delivered through Future Industries Fund programs including:
- New Energy Jobs Fund
- Manufacturing Program
- Sector Growth Program
New Energy Jobs Fund
The Victorian Government's $20 million New Energy Jobs Fund (NEJF) will support Victorian-based projects that create long-term sustainable jobs, increase the uptake of renewable energy generation, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and drive innovation in new energy technologies.
Funding to support new energy technology projects will be available through three annual grant rounds.
The first round closed in March 2016, and third grant round is expected to open late 2017.
NEJF Round Two
Applications for round two of the New Energy Jobs Fund close 1 March 2017. Up to $6 million in funding is available in round two. Round two has two separate application streams; community and industry. Categories focus on manufacturing, technology, community and skills. Please ensure you have read the Application Guidelines and documents below before applying:
- NEJF Round 2 - Community Application Guidelines (PDF 774.85 KB)
- Mandatory Application Attachments (DOCX 33 KB)
- NEJF Round 2 - Industry Application Guidelines (PDF 736 KB)
- Mandatory Application Attachments (DOCX 33 KB)
Fact Sheets, FAQs and Funding Agreement Templates
- NEJF Round 2 Fact Sheet (PDF 1822.81 KB)
- NEJF Round 2 FAQs - 20170124.pdf (PDF 35.86 KB) updated
- NET Sector Strategy Fact Sheet.pdf (PDF 1786.78 KB)
- New Energy Jobs Fund - Community - Template Agreement (DOCX 186.09 KB)
- New Energy Jobs Fund - Industry - Template Agreement.docx (DOCX 195.91 KB)
Guide to Community-Owned Renewable Energy for Victorians
- The Victorian Government produced the Community Energy Projects Guidelines Booklet (PDF 2979.29 KB) to give communities information about developing community-owned renewable energy projects. It is a resource for community groups that are considering a renewable energy project and those that are already in the process of establishing a project. The guide consolidates existing knowledge and resources and provides links to further information and advice. It provides practical pointers on critical commercial, technical, governance and regulatory aspects of renewable energy projects, including a wealth of useful information on identifying an appropriate business model, selecting the most suitable technology and managing a project.
- The Community Energy Congress is the premier event on Australia's community energy calendar. Congress 2017 will be held at Melbourne Town Hall on Monday 27 & Tuesday 28 February. The event will bring together over 500 people from community energy groups, renewable energy developers, policy makers, network companies, retailers, councils, NGOs and regulators, lawyers, financiers and more. For more information see c4ce.net.au/congress
Round One Projects
There were 24 successful applicants under the first round of the New Energy Jobs Fund:
- Natimuk Agricultural and Pastoral Society
- Community Housing Federation of Victoria
- United Dairy Farmers of Victoria
- Nillumbik Shire Council
- National Union of Workers
- Mount Alexander Sustainability Group
- Selectronic Australia
- Moreland Energy Foundation
- East Gippsland Shire Council
- Geelong Sustainability Group
- Maroondah City Council
- Gippsland Climate Change Network
- Mirboo North Community Shed Co-op
- Hepburn Shire Council
- SEA Automotive
- Wodonga City Council
- Euroa Environment Group
- Goulburn Valley Community Energy
- Wangaratta Government Centre
- Waranga Green Energy
- RayGen Resources
- South East Councils Climate Change Alliance (SECCA)
Need more assistance?
Call us on 13 22 15