The Future Industries Manufacturing Program offers funding of up to $500,000 to Victorian-based companies to implement new manufacturing technologies and processes, providing a critical foundation for growth.
At a glance
Potential value of support
Grants of up to $500,000.
Companies are required to provide a co-contribution of $3 for every $1 granted.
The program is available to Victorian-based companies implementing new manufacturing technologies and processes that will:
- generate sustainable new local jobs, including high-value jobs
- improve productivity and competitiveness
- target new growth opportunities.
To get the best results, contact a Victorian Government representative through your local Victorian Government Business Office.
To be eligible to apply for the program a business must:
- have an Australian Company Number (ACN)
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a Victorian-based company that is investing in its manufacturing operations
- have the ability to meet the co-contribution requirement ($3 for every $1 granted)
- provide financial reports for the last three financial years to enable the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources to conduct a financial risk assessment
- individuals, partnerships, or trusts, however an incorporated trustee can apply on behalf of a trust
- Commonwealth, State and Local Government agencies and bodies
- publicly funded research institutions
- not-for-profit organisations
- community-based organisations.
What you get
The Future Industries Manufacturing Program offers funding of up to $500,000 to Victorian-based companies intending to implement new manufacturing technologies and processes, providing a critical foundation for growth.
The grant supports projects that will deliver on the program objectives by undertaking activities such as:
- the purchase and implementation of capital equipment
- manufacturing product and process improvements
- prototyping, evaluation and testing of new manufacturing products and processes.
All applications will be rigorously assessed against criteria including:
- the impact of the project on employment and skills
- level of net economic benefit the proposed project will bring to Victoria
- demonstrated skills, experience and resources available to successfully undertake the project
- value for money
- need for Government support
What you need to have before applying checklist
Read the below documents before applying.
How to apply
- submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- submit a formal application together with supporting documentation within 90 days of invitation by the Department, to apply.
Companies may submit an EOI at any time.
Formal applications will only be accepted within 90 days of an invitation by the Department to apply. Assessment of applications and any decision to approve funding are at the absolute discretion of the Department.
Contact Future Industries
Business Contact Centre
13 22 15