The Victorian Government provides 12 Victoria Fellowships annually valued at up to $18,000 each (tax-free) for short-term study missions. These are administered by veski on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Potential grant funding
Up to twelve grants are available valued at up to $18,000 tax-free each for 12 short-term overseas study missions (6 for physical sciences, 6 for life sciences) to assist in:
- developing a commercial idea
- undertaking specialist training
- career development not available in Australia.
Applications are sought from:
- early-career individuals who have an original and innovative idea which needs development
- individuals employed in research and development in industry, research institutes or universities
- postgraduate students undertaking a 100% research-based degree, nearing the completion of their studies.
Proposals that demonstrate a link to Victoria's knowledge base or technological strengths or show significant potential for innovative advances are encouraged. Further eligibility criteria, including residency requirements, are specified in the guide available via the veski website.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2017 Victoria Fellowships will open in May 2017.
Application and referee guides and forms will be available for download once the call is opened.