On this page
- Information about operating an owner driver business.
The Victorian Owner Driver Information Booklet (PDF 258.12 KB) is a practical resource to assist owner drivers to successfully operate a business. It covers:
- rights and obligations under the Owner Driver and Forestry Contractors Act 2005 and Owner Drivers and Forestry Contractors Code of Practice
- guidance for running a successful small business
- other laws and regulations that apply to transport activities
- sources of advice and assistance.
- at least three business days before the owner driver is engaged, if the owner driver will be engaged for a period of at least 30 days
- on the thirtieth day, if the owner driver is engaged for a total period of at least 30 days in any three month period.
These requirements also apply to freight brokers and to tender situations. Learn more about your legal obligations to provide the Information Booklet.
Download the Booklet below: