On this page
- Contract information
- Things to watch out for
- One page action plan
The Victorian Forestry Contractors Information Booklet (DOCX 136.34 KB) is a practical resource to assist owner drivers to successfully operate a business. It covers:
- rights and obligations under the Owner Driver and Forestry Contractors Act 2005 and Owner Drivers and Forestry Contractors Code of Practice
- guidance for running a successful small business
- other laws and regulations that apply to forestry contractor activities
- sources of advice and assistance.
- at least three business days before the owner driver is engaged, if the forestry contractor is engaged for a period of at least 30 days
- on the thirtieth day, if the forestry contractor is engaged for a total period of at least 30 days in any three month period.
These requirements also apply to freight brokers and to tender situations.
Download the Booklet below: