On this page
ImportantFor a new business, a business plan helps improve your chance of securing financing and investment. Established businesses should review their business plan and update it regularly in order to provide direction for growth.
Use our free business plan and one page action plan templates
These templates will help you to create a business plan easily. The one page action plan (located within the Business Plan Template Guide) helps you to take quick action on goals that you have set.
A clearly written business plan should:
- set the vision and direction of your business
- carry out a SWOT analysis
- map out a one page action plan for your next steps.
What's the One Page Plan?
The One Page Plan allows you to prepare a summarised overview of the current situation and assists you to implement the right solutions at the right time to achieve your vision / targets. It’s also a practical way to record the outcomes of the planning process.
Elements of your One Page Plan
Now AnalysisIn this section summarise your current situation. You should be able to fit up to five points. Which four or five accurately describe your issue right now?
Where Analysis: What is your vision? What is your competitive advantage? What are your key objectives? Summarise these elements in this section.
Strategies: What are the three or four key strategies you need to work on over the next twelve months? These can be drawn from your SWOT analysis that you have done earlier.
Action Plans: In this section, list what is to be done. Normally you have about three or four actions. There is no need to put every step into the action plan. Only list the strategically important ones. These actions can be drawn from the outcomes of your Force Field you did on your key issues / strategy.
Timing: Lists when you aim to achieve the result and who is responsible for it. These should be in priority order and are critical for accountability.
Case Study: How to make a business plan for your personal training business
'When I started developing the business idea, I also created a list of pros and cons. The pros were to do with being in control of my time. The cons were around having to rely on myself for everything.'Anastasia Wolf, Cheeky Challengers. Read more on How to make a business plan
- Do market research
- Do your own books
- Attend a business planning workshop
- Small Business Mentoring Program
Workshops and seminars
- Starting Your Business workshop2015-03-02T22:00:00.000Z, Hawthorn East, $30.00
- Starting Your Business workshop2015-03-04T07:30:00.000Z, Belgrave South, $30.00
- Business Networking seminar2015-03-11T07:00:00.000Z, Mulgrave, $20.00
- Starting Your Business workshop2015-03-11T23:00:00.000Z, Geelong, $30.00
- Starting your Business workshop2015-03-24T22:00:00.000Z, Keilor, $30.00
- Crisis Planning for Business workshop2015-03-24T22:30:00.000Z, Wantirna South, $30.00
- Business Planning Basics seminar2015-03-25T02:00:00.000Z, Keilor, $20.00
- Commercialising Your New Idea Workshop2015-05-11T23:30:00.000Z, Hawthorn East, $75.00
- Starting Your Business workshop2015-05-13T07:30:00.000Z, South Morang, $30.00
- Go Online: A Start up Guide for Business seminar2015-05-13T08:00:00.000Z, Melton, $20.00
- Starting Your Business workshop2015-05-26T03:30:00.000Z, Geelong, $30.00
- Crisis Planning for Business workshop2015-06-04T23:00:00.000Z, Geelong, $30.00
- Better Business Practices workshop2015-06-17T08:00:00.000Z, Keilor, $30.00
- Business Networking seminar2015-06-22T07:30:00.000Z, Geelong, $20.00
- Business Networking seminar2015-06-24T08:00:00.000Z, Kilmore, $20.00