On this page
- What support is available to your business
- Invest Victoria contact details
- Programs to help your business reduce its energy costs
The Victorian Government is committed to supporting businesses to grow and prosper. This includes providing support to help manage the risks and uncertainty of changes in gas and electricity prices.
In the 2017/18 Budget the Victorian Government allocated additional funding to help create and retain jobs, including support to assist businesses that are particularly vulnerable to energy market volatility.
If your business:
- is a major energy user
- has experienced a large increase in the price of your energy contract(s)
- employs a significant number of workers
call 13 22 15 to connect with a local industry investment facilitation specialist to discuss your specific situation.
They will work with you to understand the effects on your business and explore industry assistance options, including potential funding support and tailored assistance to help identify a sustainable solution.
Support and funding packages will be tailored to specific projects, incorporating existing programs and services wherever possible to maximise the value of outcomes. This may include managing and reducing energy costs by increasing energy efficiency, implementing alternative sources of energy and/or purchasing new equipment that enhances productivity to offset energy costs.
- Boosting Business Productivity program supports businesses to cut energy and materials costs, reduce greenhouse emissions, and improve energy productivity. The program includes grants for businesses, a sustainable finance service, and various training, events, and information resources. Grants are available for businesses seeking advice on energy efficiency improvements (Energy Assessment Grants), capital support to reduce gas costs (Gas Efficiency Grants), and for manufacturers to reduce waste (Materials Efficiency Grants).
- Victorian Energy Upgrades helps businesses with their energy costs, providing discounts on a wide range of energy-saving products supplied through accredited providers.
- Better Commercial Buildings program supports owners of commercial buildings and tenancies (including offices, hotels, retail and data centres) to identify and implement energy efficiency upgrades that lead to improved building performance.
- Sustainable Finance Service is a free financial facilitation service offered by Sustainability Victoria to all businesses, property owners, councils and community groups seeking to invest in energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- New Energy Jobs Fund is a competitive grant program to support Victorian based new energy technology projects. This may include; renewable energy generation projects; renewable heating and cooling projects; transport projects and projects incorporating demand management technologies.
- Future Industries Fund Manufacturing Program can provide up to $500,000 to companies to implement new manufacturing technologies and processes in their Victorian operations. Businesses can decrease their energy use per unit of output as a result of acquiring state of the art manufacturing capability.
- Future Industries Fund Sector Growth Program can provide grant funding for projects that drive growth, productivity and competitiveness. This program could support a group of businesses that are looking to investigate a shared infrastructure solution that would assist in managing energy costs.
- Local Industry Fund for Transition can provide grants of up to 25 per cent of up to $2 million to businesses creating jobs suitable for former automotive workers in four geographical areas of Geelong, Melbourne’s North, Melbourne’s South East, and Melbourne’s West. This could help fund energy reduction initiatives to retain and/or create jobs.
- Regional Jobs Fund – Innovation and Productivity Stream can provide support to rural and regional businesses, including funding innovative solutions or equipment upgrades that reduce energy costs and create and/or retain jobs.