On this page
- Complete Child employment permit application form
- Understand additional requirements
- Find additional forms for specific situations
Employing children in retail and hospitality (and other non-entertainment industries)
Apply for a permit
Please ensure you understand the laws and requirements around child employment in industries other that entertainment before you begin your application.
It is also important for employers to know that:
- all child supervisors must have completed a working with children check successfully.
- all employers must keep a record of all child supervisors during the course of the child's employment.
The online form can be used for:
- application for child employment permit
- application to vary hours of work or rest breaks.
The online forms have many time saving features and all applicants are encouraged to use them, however, if you are unable to complete this form online, you can use the offline forms below.
If you do not have access to or are not able to complete the application online, you can download the offline application forms.
Please note that screen reader friendly versions of these forms are available in the handy tools section at the bottom of this page.
Situation specific requirements
If you need to apply to vary the hours of work or rest breaks set down in the Act then you will have to complete the form below.
Contact a child employment officer
- Application for child employment permit - general industries
- Application to vary maximum hours and rest breaks (PDF 436.45 KB)
- Child Employment Act 2003
- Application for Child Employment Permit (All Industries except Entertainment) (DOC 287 KB)
- Application to vary maximum hours and rest breaks (DOC 146.5 KB)
- Video resources