On this page
- Complete Child employment permit application form
- Understand additional requirements
- Find additional forms for specific situations
Employing children in the entertainment industry - an overview
Apply for a permit
Employing children in Victoria - the permit application process
Please ensure that you understand the child employment laws and requirements prior to applying for a permit and that:
- all child supervisors must have completed a working with children check successfully
- all employers keep proper records of child employment during the course of employment.
- employers to ensure that parents and guardians are provided with Child Employment in Entertainment: Summary for Parents.
You should also become familiar with the mandatory code of practice by clicking the button below.
The online form can be used for:
- application for a blanket permit and a normal (or non-blanket) permit
- application for a supplementary permit
- application for variation of the code.
The parental consent form and school exemption form can also be accessed following the completion of the online form or they can be completed separately using the offline option below.
The online forms have many time-saving features and all applicants are encouraged to use them. Please, however, note that there may be additional requirements or specific situations that require you to use extra forms that are not included in the online process. These can be found below.
If you do not have access to or are not able to complete the application online, you can download the offline application forms.
Situation specific requirements
Statement by nurse to employer
This form is to be used if you are looking to employ a baby less than 12 weeks of age for more than one hour.
Parental advice to employer
This form is to be used if you intend to employ a baby less than 12 weeks of age for one hour or less.
Application to vary requirements of the Mandatory Code of Practice
The Mandatory Code of Practice for the Employment of Children in Entertainment mandates requirements for the employment of children in entertainment. These requirements may be varied in exceptional circumstances and on application in writing.
Contact a child employment officer
- Application for child employment permit - entertainment
- Child Employment Act 2003
- Application for Child Employment Permit (Entertainment) (DOC 355 KB)
- Child Employment Information Form (DOC 405 KB)
- Parental Consent to Employment of Child (DOC 295 KB)
- Application for Supplementary Permit (Entertainment) (DOC 522.5 KB)
- Statement by nurse to employer form (DOC 81.5 KB)
- Parental advice form (DOC 89.5 KB)
- Application to vary requirements of the Code (DOC 153.5 KB)
- Video resources