On this page
- List of conditions for all Inbound Trade Mission Assistance Program Applicants
- Learn how applicants are approved
- Read the conduct requirements
- List of expenses covered
Part A - Applies to All Trade Mission Applicants
1. Approval of Applicants
1.1 An Applicant will be notified in writing by the Victorian Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (the Department) if the Applicant has been approved by the Department to participate in the Trade Mission (an Approved Applicant) and, if applicable, is eligible to receive the Financial Assistance.
1.2 Neither an Approved Applicant nor its employees or agents shall by reason of its participation in the Trade Mission be an agent of or in the service or employment of the State of Victoria.
2. Conduct and Cooperation of Attendees
2.1 All Trade Mission attendees must conduct themselves in a professional manner having regard to the spirit and intent of the Trade Mission. The approved Applicant will be responsible for the welfare and conduct of its Trade Mission attendees at all times.
2.2 All Trade Mission attendees must cooperate at all times with the Department in relation to their participation in the Trade Mission. If the Department is of the reasonable opinion that an Approved Applicant or Trade Mission attendee has not cooperated with the Department, or has demonstrated conduct below an expected level of professionalism, the Department reserves the right to exclude the Applicant from further participation in the Trade Mission and, if applicable will be under no obligation to provide any Financial Assistance.
3. Acknowledgment of Risk & Responsibility
3.1 All Trade Mission attendees must hold and maintain travel and other appropriate insurances in connection with attendance at, and participation in, the Trade Mission.
3.2 All Approved Applicants accept full responsibility for all of the business and organisational outcomes arising from their participation. The Department will not be held responsible for the commercial endeavours of any party that participates in the Trade Mission.
4. Trade Mission Evaluation
4.1 If requested by the Department, all Mission Attendees agree to participate in a formal evaluation of the Trade Mission conducted by the Department or its agents.
5. Promotion & Acknowledgment
5.1 The Department reserves the right to publicise the benefits accruing to the Approved Applicant arising from the Trade Mission.
5.2 If requested by the Department, an Approved Applicant must acknowledge the support provided by the Department in any relevant publicity undertaken by the Approved Applicant.
6. Privacy Collection Notice
6.1 The Applicant consents to the collection and disclosure of their personal information and declares that they are authorised to provide the personal information of third parties where applicable.
6.2 The Applicant consents to the Department contacting the Applicant or nominee to facilitate networking opportunities with other businesses and for program evaluation purposes. The Applicant further consents to the disclosure of the personal information to other Trade Mission participants.
What is included/excluded?
If your application is successful the Victorian Government will cover the following program expenses:
- Accommodation at a 4 + star rated facility for the duration of the program, up to 5 nights
- All official program activities including transport to and from activities
- Breakfasts and some meals when part of the official program
What is excluded:
- Your airfare and any associated travel expenses including visas
- Travel insurances
- Transport to and from the airport
- Meals which are not covered by the official program
- Travel to individual businesses arranged by yourself
- Any activities outside of the official program
- Any private expenses incurred during your stay