On this page
- Learn how to analyse your business competitors
For general business planning resources, check out the Write a business plan page.
For each market you are interested in, select at least three competitors and analyse your potential competitors by noting details for each of the following:
- company description
- foreign or domestic?
- market share
- credit terms
- customer service
- after sales service
In each market, take note of your:
- key point of difference
- key success factors
- key weakness.
Summarise the details about your competitors including:
- who and where they are
- how you'll position your product or service against them
- your product or service features against theirs and what gives you a competitive edge
- the benefits of your service or product to the consumer
- comparison of your pricing, promotion and distribution.