On this page
- What is Small Business Festival Victoria
- Why a Small Business Festival?
- Why become an event host?
- Register to be an event host for 2017
- Download the Event Host handbook
What is Small Business Festival Victoria?
Small Business Festival Victoria is an annual festival that comprises an extensive program of over 400 events, providing ideas and information to start, operate and grow a business.
In 2017, the Festival will run from 1 – 31 August across metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Presented by Small Business Victoria, the Festival provides small businesses with the opportunity to exchange ideas, access free or low-cost information and support and establish valuable professional networks. The Festival offers a wide range of practical, interactive and innovative events that cover topics such as business planning, marketing, social media, networking and financial management. All events are presented at low or no cost and designed to help small business owners improve their productivity and offers opportunities to learn from, network, and engage with other like-minded businesses and industry experts.
Why a Small Business Festival?
The Victorian Government is committed to helping small business thrive. There are more than 541,000 small business (i.e. those with 0 - 19 staff) in Victoria – making up over 97 per cent of the state’s businesses.
Small businesses matter to Victoria - for every 100 businesses in Victoria, almost 98 have fewer than 20 staff and 28 will be in regional and rural Victoria.
The purpose of the Festival is to:• Build small business capability through delivery of high quality events
• Raise the profile and uptake of year round support services for business
• Celebrate small business and their contribution to the Victorian economy.
Why become an event host?
There are a number of benefits of becoming a Festival event host including:
- The opportunity to network with small business owners, intenders and Festival partners
- Marketing and promotional support from Small Business Victoria through the Festival website and the Small Business Festival Victoria overarching advertising, online and PR campaign
- Option to apply for tickets to attend the invitation-only Festival Launch, subject to availability
- Complimentary tickets to Small Business BIG Ideas half-day event, Festival Roadshow and other Festival activities subject to availability
- Option to include an exclusive offer in the Festival Digital show bag which is available to 10,000 Festival newsletter subscribers, subject to terms and conditions
- Access to a tailored Small Business Festival Victoria 2017 event evaluation report, with valuable Festival findings and statistics.
Be a part of Small Business Festival 2017
Interested in hosting an event in Small Business Festival 2017?
1. Access the Events Submission Portal (button below)
2. Register or login using your email and password
3. Register a new event with Small Business Festival Victoria 2017
4. Enter your proposed event details (This can be changed after the cut-off date)
5. Repeat the process for each proposed event
Due to popular demand, the Events Submissions Portal will stay open until 9AM Monday, 6 March.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by early April.
If your application is successful you'll have the chance to update and finalise your event details in April.
Please contact the Festival team if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to Events Submission Portal
Having Problems Logging In?
If you have tried the wrong password 3 times, you will be locked out for 60 minutes. Please reset your password by clicking ‘Forgot your password?’. The password reset link may not work correctly in older internet browsers, or with certain internet security and anti-virus programs.
If you are a returning host, please check that you have used the correct email address from your organisation. You may have registered past events with a different email address.
For any further questions, please email the Small Business Festival team at email@example.com.