On this page
- 2017 Small Business Festival Victoria Event Host FAQs
1. If my event isn't in the printed guide then how will it be promoted?
The event guide will be refreshed in 2017 to become more of a promotional introduction to the Festival. The guide will drive audiences to the Festival website where all events will be listed. This approach creates a more streamlined experience for Festival audiences who can browse and search the program on the website and easily book their tickets with the click of a button.
Event hosts are responsible for promoting and marketing their events through their own networks.
2. Who are the 2017 sponsors?
Discussions are underway with new potential sponsors for 2017. We are delighted that many of our 2016 sponsors have expressed interest in partnering with Small Business Festival Victoria (SBFV) again in 2017.
3. How can my organisation become a sponsor?
We would love to talk to you! Please contact Rebekah Kober on 03 9651 8020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Can you promote my event on the SBFV Facebook page or in the Festival newsletter?
Promotion of individual events on SBFV social media channels is at the discretion of Small Business Victoria (SBV) with featured events being the priority.
5. What if I need to change my event detail or cancel my event?
We are happy to facilitate changes or cancellations. Please let us know as soon as possible. You can contact Rebekah Kober on 03 9651 8020 or email email@example.com
6. How do I register an ABN?
You will need to register online via Australian Business Register (an Australian Government website).
7. On what basis are events selected for the Festival program?
Festival events will be chosen based on these criteria:
- Events that are low cost or free to attend
- Events that provide high quality, practical take-home information and skills relevant to small businesses
- Events that provide content that is fresh and relevant to contemporary Victorian small businesses.
We will aim for a diverse spread of topics across different locations and try to avoid programming events with the same topics in the same location.
Priority will be given to events:
- with an international focus that cover topics like global business trends and innovations or feature international speakers
- with high profile, celebrity status business speakers
- delivered online to cater for time constrained small business who can’t attend events especially during the day
- delivered out of business hours
- that support Victoria’s multicultural business communities and women in business
- delivered during and outside of business hours to ensure a balance of events.
8. How can I apply for State Government funding to help deliver my event?
SBV is undertaking a more strategic approach to sponsoring external events in 2017. There may be limited funding available for some events. Enquiries to be directed to Rebekah Kober on 03 9651 8020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
9. How do I apply for tickets for Feature events?
Event hosts will be emailed with instructions on how to access tickets for Feature events, subject to availability.
10. In the past, event hosts have been invited to the Festival Launch event. Will this happen in 2017?
The scope of the Festival Launch is currently being reviewed. Event Hosts will be advised of outcomes in due course.
Apart from the Launch event there are several feature events that hosts will be able to attend. The festival team will email instructions on how to access tickets for these events.
11. Why is there no Regional Partner Festival in my area? Can I still be involved as an event host?
Regional Partner Festivals rely on organisations (both from the public and private sector) in specific regions to get together to deliver a program of events for their local area.
If you're interested in getting a local regional festival for your area we suggest you contact other organisations in your local area to partner with and develop a plan for discussion with the Festival team.
All enquiries regarding Regional Partner Festivals to be sent to Rebekah Kober or email@example.com
You can still be involved in the festival as an event host if there is no Regional Partner Festival in your area. Please register via the event host portal before March 1 2017.
12. The Festival event calendar is not very intuitive to use. How will this be improved in 2017?
Changes will be made to the online event calendar to offer more intuitive search functionality.
13. Where can I get Festival branding materials?
The host page on the SBFV website will be home to all the marketing materials and guidelines, available from mid June.