On this page
- Where it is
- Register interest
- Why choose Victoria for international business
Be part of Victoria’s new hub for international business – make connections and discover opportunities in important international markets.
The International Chamber House (ICH) initiative encourages strong collaboration between government agencies and bilateral international chambers and business associations, as part of the Victorian Government’s efforts to facilitate trade and investment opportunities for Victorian businesses with key international markets.
The chambers that are part of this initiative are the Australia China Business Council, German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce the Australia Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the American Chamber of Commerce in Australia and the Australia – Indonesia Business Council.
ICH, situated on Level 5, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne is a hub for Australia’s extensive network of bilateral international chambers and business associations,
their members and visiting local and offshore business delegates.
Australia’s international business chambers provide insights, links, networks and expertise, and encourage trade and economic relations between Victoria and key international partners. This is why the Victorian Government is supporting stronger collaboration with these important organisations.
Managed by the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR), International Chamber House offers eligible bilateral international business chambers and their members access to facilities to support the delivery of chamber business, activities and events.
Eligible organisations will have access to:
- meeting rooms with video-conferencing
- flexible workspaces
- function space for international business events
- business development partnership opportunities.
The Victorian Government is Australia’s leading state for international business engagement, connecting Victorian businesses to new economic opportunities in strategic international markets.
International Chamber House supports the delivery of the Victorian Government’s international engagement efforts. Engagement with growth markets is vitally important to the performance of the Victorian economy.
Victoria’s credentials as Australia’s centre for international business are clear:
- Victoria maintains a network 18 offshore Victorian Government Business Offices in strategic markets. The offices play a pivotal role in raising Victoria’s profile including managing the State’s relationships with key international regions
- Victoria’s overseas network enables the State to perform strongly in a competitive and challenging international trade and investment environment
- Victoria is one of only two Australian states with a stable AAA rating from both S&P and Moody’s
- Victoria boasts a diverse economy across services, manufacturing and resources, with a strong history of foreign trade
- Victoria is home to 6.04 million people (March 2016). Melbourne is a cosmopolitan, globalised city of 4.55 million people (June 2015)
- Victoria’s strong history of migration has resulted in an incredibly culturally and linguistically diverse population. A large proportion of the population speak a language other than English, especially Asian languages
- Melbourne is the world's most liveable city.