Supporting Indigenous Businesses and Employment
The Victorian Government is committed to improving Indigenous economic participation in Victoria.
To help achieve this, the Government established the Indigenous Economic Development Unit (IEDU) in the Department of State Development, Business and Innovation to deliver strategies that improve economic opportunities for Indigenous Victorians.
The IEDU draws on a number of Victorian Government programs and policies that support and promote pathways to jobs and underpin the continuous development of Indigenous businesses.
The IEDU aims to:
- support and facilitate sustainable employment outcomes for Indigenous Victorians
- support the growth and diversity of Victoria’s Indigenous businesses
- identify opportunities for business productivity, improvements and growth through strategic partnerships
- improve Indigenous Victorians’ economic participation.
- increase Indigenous participation in the Victorian public sector workforce.
GPO Box 4507
Melbourne VIC, 3001
Tel: 03 9651 9158
Tel: (within Victoria) 1300 799 526
Tel: 13 22 15 (local call)
National Relay Service
A phone solution for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Mon - Fri, 8.30am - 5pm